coolant temp gage problem

joseph5410
0

Asked by joseph5410 Nov 16, 2009 at 12:39 AM about the 1988 Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z

i have just purchase a 1988 camaro iroz z and have a problem with the temp gage. it is pinned up above the 260 it seems like it is stuck. The car was sitting for a long time. the car sound fine and runs fine but how do i fix this problem.

Chase Sutherland
4,545

i had the same issue with my 89. sometimes it operated fine but others it would stay pinned up all the way. i tapped mine a couple times and it always went back to working. im thinking its a short somewhere but i cant be sure