I have 95. Honda accord I changed the fuel pump and it getting gas now and will crank but still wont start. Help?

leggitt
10

Asked by leggitt Mar 17, 2013 at 04:20 PM

judge_roy

Did you disconnect the battery terminal when you changed the pump? Think that 95 still had the outboard pump, easy to change with some fuel clamp pincers...or was it an in-tank pump?

judge_roy

they stopped locating it under the driver's running board area to avoid explosion during rollover...probably cost the lawyers a pretty penny that-

judge_roy

Okay, when you turn the key, do you here it running?...if not, there is a problem with getting power to the pump.--if yes, the fuel pressure regulator to the injectors is not happy, if because of insufficent pressure or blockage-

leggitt
10

Yes. I discounted the. Battery and fuel pump wàs in the tank

judge_roy

they weren't as paranoid about fuel spray needing an emergency shut down in 1995, so I don't think this is the issue, besides you'd get NO power to the pump-

judge_roy

and did you hit it with your test light?

judge_roy

oy. gotta run my friend. one of these other helpful blokes will carry the baton from here, I'm sure. Just repost the question if they aren't being mindful, which you know these are just a bunch of NICE guys who are here to help you solve your problem. There is nothing in it for us except the satisfaction that you've figured out the main attraction...(rhymes..cheezy)

2,405

are you getting spark?

judge_roy

looking for an ignition relay---there's this~

judge_roy

yes....the "main" relay is the prime suspect~