If I need a oil change on a 2000 poniac grand am will that make my service engaging soon light come on

Jazzmen13077
0

Asked by Jazzmen13077 Mar 11, 2013 at 05:08 PM

67,215

No. The "Service Vehicle Soon" will tell you when you have a problem with one of the body systems. Most common is a bad headlight bulb followed by a loose gas cap. Check them both.

Michael McGrail
6,765

The grand am has three lights. One that say 'change oil' one that says 'service engine soon' and on that says 'check engine'. I find the last two funny and redundant, but to answer your question, no the oil will not trip the light unless the oil level is low, because if I am not mistaken, they did not put a low oil light on it.. LOL

67,215

The fourth generation 2.4L engines had the low oil level float switches in the oil pan. They were as reliable as the fifth generation low coolant level float switches. -- One favorable feature of the BCM in the Grand AM is that if you leave a light on, it will shut the electrical system down before the battery is drained.