How do I remove rear door panel on a 09 pontiac, to access window?

Tomahawk
10

Asked by Tomahawk Feb 07, 2013 at 05:46 PM

Window wnt go up. It will go dwn
using switch but wont go dwn using
switch. Thnk it fell off track.

DavidH25

Screws on door handle recess, then pop off panel, buy new clips before you begin they will probably not be able to be re used. Then if it simply fell of the track, easy fix. Good luck

Tomahawk
10

Thnks fr info. Its.a gal friend of mine. And its an 06 grand prix. Thought it was same as my ex wifes car but wasn't sure. But I'm sure it will come off same way. Thnks again.

55,335

Sometimes screws are behind the reflector and under the window control panel. They are a #3 Phillips head. My Pontiac has a indentation in the bottom center to start pulling the panel free.

Ilregal

First remove the door hinges, gently lay the door on something that won't let it get scratched, then get a very sturdy and long type pry bar and you with very little effort will have full access to your window motor, guaranteed. Then when repair is done break out a large tube of silicon caulking like used with caulking gun and place what was previously removed and thoroughly caulk everything and replace on door hinges. Bag looking for all those stupid little screws. Hope that helps..

Ilregal

That's how we fix a window motor during a pit stop and it is tried and true