any ideas about a starter on a kia?

whtabtbobb
0

Asked by whtabtbobb Oct 15, 2009 at 03:04 AM

kia sonora- son says he bought new battery, all other electrical works,       ( lights, radio etc. )when he turns the key to start, no clicking sound at starter. He's going to take starter off and have it checked at Kragens tomorrow- I said it sounds more like a bad fuse or relay. Hope you guys here can give me a little insight here.
thanks

bob

Adam Morgan
4,675

If you don't hear a clicking it's most likely not the starter itself. Pull the starter relay/solenoid off and bench test it. If the relay is clicking when bench tested then you most likely have other issues (ignition switch, bad connection, short, blown fuse, ect...)

daddybryant07
0

Bob- did you ever find out what was wrong with son's car.

jml12345
1,545

next time before you take the starter off, wack it with a hammer. if it starts, then starters bad.