are audi's expensive for maintenance and repairs?

littlekahuna2
0

Asked by littlekahuna2 Mar 04, 2013 at 02:59 PM

i am looking for one, but not sure if the upkeep is expensive?

68,305

Just like all the other high end cars, Audi does cost more to operate and maintain. Audiworld.com and Audizine.com are two active Audi sites if you want to see the common problem areas.

judge_roy

Yes. About like Mercedes, in every way imaginable.

136,705

If you have to ask......

Racer_X
18,365

German cars in general are more costly to repair compared to Japanese and American cars. Much as I'd love a Porsche, this fact might keep me from ever buying one..Unless I hit the Mega Millions Lottery!!

judge_roy

what's with the fancy buggy? you need to get from here to there. what's the to-do about it all? gotta go over 30mph, bone shattering speeds as an American right!

garageman
1,805

One word answer,YES,that having been said ,like another high line German car the maintenance is of the utmost importance,sticking to factory schedules and doing what is required ,when it is required,heads off a LOT of issues,what are you looking at?New? Or used?if you are looking at a used Audi ,be certain to take it to a mechanic that specializes in that brand,they will know what to look at and what may be an issue down the road.If you purchase from a dealer used if it is a certified Audi used car there should be no worries the certification process is pretty strict.

judge_roy

yah, those germans are just about as strict as the Japanese are, disassembling EVERYthing as part of the inspection....nutzo....nooneenoonoo- it either works or it doesn't. No amount of inspection will insure safe driving.

ccplacide
130

That is a yes and no answer. I own a 98 audi a4 2.8 and a 2001 s4. Yes, whether you look online(cheaper) or going to a local shop, its going to cost you more then lets say, a honda civic. Now the s4, it costs more to fix, one, its a sports car with bi turbo in it, somethings bound to break, but the 2.7t engines are strong. Just little things on it go wrong, especially sensors which generally cost online max of $40. No, the audi with just a 2.8 in it, I find it to be alot less expensive then a 2000 chevy malibu I owned was. In the audi, tires last me a long time, 4 years to be exact until I had to spend some big money. The malibu, every year i would be rotating tires out and changing them. I had no engine problems with my audi, and a minor tranny problem, Only thing i hate about my audi is the senors. I have to replace at least 1 per year. In conclusion: People will say the audi is an expensive car, but that would be because they never owned 1, or they brought an audi with alot of character. Honestly, they can get pricy, but not constant. I find BMW's being more expensive, and Mercedez being top of the line expensive. $1000 shocks are really worth a mercedez to me. The audi is a performance car that is cheapest to maintain, out of all of the imports, and most reliable out of the sports cars/per class car. PS:If you own an audi, avoid dealers, unless they are audi because they will take your money while doing a crappy job, then feed you a bunch of lies about the car. Rockauto is your best friend, and youtube is your companion.

Dirk Yarborough
10

There's nothing any high end German car could give me that I don't already have with my Lexus, and at 93,000 it still looks new, runs like new, never had an issue. Maintenance has been minimal. The most expensive replacement as you might guess was tires.

Marcelo Sanabria
0

Actually I have to disagree if you get the parts online after carefully done searching... You find the right parts oem specs at better than domestic rates! I love my Audi TT and 2013 Q5 , YouTube helps with maintaining and audi dealers can be made to honor diy work with persistence and clear any unneeded warning messages from the Audi MMI