i was told most owners align the front end with a paint stick tape measure and string ,,if this is possible what is the procedure i have a t800 year 2005 with a dump box on it

davech
0

Asked by davech Nov 07, 2010 at 01:10 AM

papa

tie the string to the paint stick,place at back tire with string againest the tire,do same for front,put paint stick in front of tire,just make sure string is tight or straight no saging,if front tire is pushing string out in front of tire or back of tire,tow it in or out so string is flat against side of tire,same on other side.rember all you doing is setting the toe in or out,caster or camber cant be done this way,best way to get it right is to have a aligement done.

moparmike72
0

Probably not possible. The width of the rear outside tires is unlikely to be the same as the front tires. Use two push pins and a steel tape. Push a pin into the tire tread of each front tire, on the rear side of the axle, the same distance from the floor. The pins have to be just low enough to be below any obstructions (front springs, oil pan, etc.). Measure between the pins with a steel tape. Now carefully roll the truck ahead until the pins are the same distance from the floor in front of the axle, measure the distance again, the difference in the measurements is the toe-in.