I HAVE A 2006 CHEVY COBALT AND THE TAIL LIGHTS WENT OUT

SHARAE23
0

Asked by SHARAE23 Oct 17, 2013 at 01:57 PM

I DID NOT RECEIVE A MANUAL WHEN I PURCHASED THE CAR 3MONTHS AGO, I WAS PULLED OVER BY POLICE, ASKED WAS I USING MY SIGNALS TO CHANGE LINES, I SHOWED HIM THE SIGNAL TURN WAS STILL ON, TO MY SURPRISE THE OFFICER STATED THE LIGHTS WERE OUT AND I NEED TO REPLACE THEM IMMEDIATLY OR NEXT TIME I WOULD GET A TICKET. I CANT AFFORD TO HAVE SOMEONE REPLACE THEM AND IM NEEDING HELP TO REPLACE THE TAIL LIGHTS MYSELF, I JUST NEED TO FIND WHERE THEY ARE LOCATED IN THIS CAR. PLEASE HELP

GMCustomerService
1,335

SHARAE23, I understand you do not have a manual. On page 5-52 of the owners manual it states: 1. Open the trunk. See Trunk on page 2-10 for more information. 2. Locate the back-up lamp bulb assembly in the trunk lid. 3. Remove the bulb socket by turning it counterclockwise. On vehicles that have a back-up lamp cover, first remove it by depressing the tab at the top. 4. Pull out the old bulb. 5. Install a new bulb. 6. Reinstall the bulb socket by aligning the tabs and turning it clockwise to secure. For more information, please email us at socialmedia@gm.com. Erica Tiffany GM Customer Care