My 2007 Suzuki Verona ignition is in lock position and will not turn. Same problem last week but eventually started after playing with remote lock. What is the root problem?

coolant_man
0

Asked by coolant_man Sep 30, 2013 at 06:01 PM

ignition is in lock position and will not move to start position. Same problem last week but eventually started after paying with remote lock.

Fordtudor37
4,135

Try turning steering wheel left to right while turning the ignition key to see if that helps. sometimes as the key cylinder gets old they start to stick and wiggling the steering wheel helps free them up. Remote lock does nothing but actuate the door lock cylinders to go from "lock" to "unlock" and has nothing to do with the ignition cylinder in the steering column.

coolant_man
0

Turning the steering column left to right was no help. Still locked. Do u think replacing ignition switch will solve problem?