ARE YOU FAMILIAR WITH AN ORGANIZATION NAMED ONCE DRIVEN?

mrrex1948
5

Asked by mrrex1948 Jun 20, 2013 at 08:32 AM

They supposedly are go -betweens with buyer and seller!!

103,675

http://www.oncedriven.com/

DavidH25

They are a used car listing site. See for yourself and go to the link Tom posted. It is not as good as CarGurus (I have no stake in CarGurus) but here is a pasted line from 'Once driven" OnceDriven.com offers a 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee to those who purchase our $189 service.

You think this is helpful.
PieMaker Shatzman
1,330

I am far to familiar with them as they have been robo-calling me, in spite of my number being on the national Do Not Call list, ever since I listed something in the auto section of Craigslist. I have filed a complaint with the FCC and am about to file another one with craigslist.

You think this is helpful.
Matt1750724975
830

Ditto on the CL spam, do not contact this company. In violation of CL policy they scrape numbers from the autos for sale section and call them . . . repeatedly . . . at all hours . . . and hang up . . . I finally got a voicemail today that left their phone number as 855-844-2646, you can contact them to get off their list, but I don't know if it will actually do anything.

JCF1948
1,135

Do NOT use these guys. I signed up for their services and 50 days later, I have not had one inquiry for my car that was generated by them. They talk a great game, but they do not deliver.

dallas0820
1,230

This is once driven, a scam company. There are the same company that used to be auto marketing systems, and they also used to be "the big lot", they are also known as Longwood Industries. They change their name every few years to scam more people. Google any of these names to find out the tons of people ripped off.

Oncedrivenscam
1,770

DO NOT USE - NOT ETHICAL!!! My elderly father was relentlessly contacted by them. He is has hearing issues so he uses speaker phone. I was present in the room when the rep guaranteed to sell a car he had on Craig's list within 45 days or money back. My father asked if there were any conditions to the refund. Rep said nope very simple you pay us $189 and either we sell your car in 45 days or we refund it to your credit card. Needless to say car did not sell, can't get them to respond to email or phone calls and their website says YOU must have sold your own car within 45 days to get a refund. If your car does not sell NO REFUNDS!!! Holy cow what liars!!! We feel ripped off so we are waring everyone!!!

Sue Flynn
1,120

I don't have an answer but I would like to say thank you.. I got the call and I thought about using them...THANKS for saving me.

spamstinks818
690

Started receiving multiple calls and text after posting an ad on AutoTrader.com. It appears that the telemarketers and scam artists are targeting online sellers by combing sites like Craigslist and AutoTrader for victims. List of the calls we received below... (855) 844-2646, 2647 and 2648 (OnceDriven.com) | andrewapeterson.com (469) 654-7633 (paulwaym101@hotmail.com) (702) 567-8866 Cory @ One Stop Motors in Vegas (714) 703-6474 Auto Insurance Placement Center | http://whocalled.us/lookup/7147036474 FWIW we removed the ad and are still receiving calls.

dmak
570

Just received a call today from once driven. Glad I read the information contained in this thread. It seems very unethical to call people who are legitimately trying to sell a vehicle.

hollyo
510

Something isn't right with this outfit. Their incoming call phone number begins with an 8 for the country code, not a 1. Secondly, if you answer, it hangs up on you immediately. Then when you finally don't bother answering anymore...they will leave you a voicemail with a number to call back. I started getting calls from them after I listed my Harley for sale on a couple different sites. They are a nuisance too...they keep calling over and over.

g30rg3
380

Thanks for your reviews guys. I used to get calls from a number that used to show up as "Unknown", but this last time there was a computer generated voice that left a number to call back on. It is free money for them. If the motorcycle sells just because there was a buyer interested in your vehicle, they get to keep the money. If you are able to sell it yourself within 45 days and you manage to get around their tricks (low chances) you get your money back after the processing fee being deducted. All they do is have a more glamorous ad in comparison to CL. But not worth the $189 though.

Akal
470

Thank-you very much. I received a call this morning and my husband and I were thinking of using them. They had a very good sales pitch. You have saved us $299.00, that was their charge to of sell our pop-up camper. You have saved us money and aggravation!

Cheated
560

Big scam artists, I too fell for there smooth talking tactic. They kept calling for me that they have buyers ready to purchase my car and that was what changed my mind and foolishly I went to them. I cancelled my ad two days later because another scam artist emailed to purchase my car. FOOLISHLY you took my money but hopefully everyone out there will see this and stop the thought of going with you ROBBERS.. I hope the $289.00 makes you very happy.

brucej455
435

Thanks Was thinking of using them but not after reading these articles Have enough trouble holding on to my own money.

buffiegee
250

Wow, just got off the phone from them. She really tried to make everything sound peachy keen. Glad I checked out this site. I knew better that give them my cc info before doing a web check. Thanks to all!

Steven Bradford
190

I am also glad that I looked up the company and saw all of the reviews. I too received a phone call from a robot with the script that was posted and I just got off of the phone with them. They are pretty pushy, and I prefer to deal with reputable businesses. This doesn't seem to be one from everything that I've researched. Thank you everyone for posting. They are very tempting with their sales pitch.

2337
180

I did not review this company before signing up. Shame on me. However, I can tell you that I learned my lesson because I just wasted my money. The "money back guarantee" means if you sell it some place else, they will give you your money back. Aren't you supposed to help sell my car. I signed up Sept. 5 and just received my first "inquiry" Dec 3. I would save my money and never use this service.

Claro
370

For anyone that has used a credit card and Once Driven has not delivered a credit for not keeping their end of the deal, don't wait. Call the bank that issued your credit card and advise them of the problem and that you wish to dispute the charge for services not rendered. Cardholders typically have a 60 day window to dispute credit card charges. If a dispute is outside of this 60 day window, you may not be able to dispute the charge. Good Luck! ClaroSecurity.com

scammedpeep
190

SCAMMERS!!!!! DO not use them, repor tthem to Craigslist and to the FCC, they are robo-calling scammers that will take your money for nothing.

1234321
370

I was so busy getting out of the USMC and did not do the research? Shame on me and now I am out $189. I knew that it sounded like a scam but need to sell our car do to the many bills we have. Hard to believie that I did 2 tours in Iraq and one in Afganistan and these are the people who I defened. One hell of a screwed up deal! I wish I could meet them personally and I would show them what the USMC taught me to do with scum bags like them!!! Merry Xmass...

junk098
250

NO DOUBT that ONCE-DRIVEN is a Total Scam. Do not pay them. Autotrader sells your number to ONCE DRIVEN. Autotrader should be sued for this. Autotrader has a responsibility to protect your personal information.

dallas0820
1,230

Keep getting the word out. The company must be doing badly. They have fired a lot of long time employees and dropped their sales staff to minimum wage to make them more hungry to make sales. If we continue to make complaints and show they are a scam they will close!

1234321
370

Yes total scam and I think I sold my Hummer via Craiglist. I am going to try to see if they are going to give me my money back? yeaa right??

SN
130

Am glad,I checked this site just after getting off the phone with them. Was about to consider them,as the lady made it sound a genuine company.thanks.

BOUNCE4901
150

Complete SCAM, telephone HARRASMENT!!! They will provide you with a fake PO BOX address to save them the time and trouble of a lawsuit. You will never find an address or any real contact information from them or on their website...They pull phone numbers from ad listings in violation of websites TOU's and state and federal laws...Only thing you can do if you are serious is file a police report at the local level claiming telephone harrasment in order for the Police to subopena phone records and get a hard address to serve legal notices at...complaining to them, the FCC, state AOG office is a waste of time as they will be gone and up and running under a new name before enough complaints are filed for any of the alphabet agencies to act. FILE A POLICE REPORT ALLEGING THREATS AND HARRASSMENT!

cleangrrl777
195

They just called me and left a voicemail. Thank you to everyone in this thread for posting this info because I WILL NOT ANSWER OR USE THEM!! Listed my car on craigslist less than 48 hours ago so I guess they are pretty fast at getting to their prey!

barndoor
195

I am so glad I found this site! I had just listed my car f/s on Autotrader.com 2 days ago and as I'm sitting on my couch, my cell beeps that I have a voice message although it didn't ring. It was a Virginia area code and when I listened, it was a guy from Once Driven making all kinds of promises about selling my car for me....I thought it might be a scam and I immediately Googled them and found this site...and so glad I did! Thanks for all the posts in this thread!!

pamnapp
70

Thank-you for the posts - almost signed with them ourselves. Glad we took the time to read these posts. Much appreciation!!!

Smart_Shopper
100

WOOOW ... I am glad i have read the reviews about this company . We were contacted by them, i ALWAYS do my homework.. NEVER GIVE YOUR INFO TO ANYONE WITH OUT DOING YOUR HOMEWORK...FIRST! For those who have been scammed by Once Driven, you should contact a lawyer and collect the names of the other people who also were ripped off and file a class action lawsuit against them. What this company is doing is illegal and the only way to stop them is to do something. God bless good luck and thanks for posting your reviews and saving US the headache .

kittykat67
335

I am sorely regretting dealing with these jerks. I paid them almost $200 to help sell my car (which they didn’t) and their policy is a refund if you sell the car on your own within 45 days—which I did. They promise to refund you within ten days. Well I’ve been waiting a month now and they still have not. They jerk me around on the phone, won’t connect me with a manager and keep telling me the same crap, “We’re backed up in our refunds dept”. I threatened to take it to the media if I don’t get some action but this snotty girl "Jessica" on the phone acted like she didn’t care. I was told “Do what you have to, THANK YOU” and that was pretty much it. I have a feeling I may never see my funds again but I don’t plan to let this go. Anyone know of somewhere I can report them, plz let me know (not the BBB, they are a joke). Don’t use them!!!!

John Smith
80

Agree with the above. They cull your phone number from AutoTrader (which is also borderline useless) and call relentlessly from an "unknown" number. Proof alone that they are shady.

SKI67
70

Just got the phantom voice mail - amazing that folks are out scamming others. I do not need their "help" nor should anyone else.

kittykat67
335

Well, here is a bit of good news at least! I think if you get your bank involved and have them dispute the transaction, something will happen. I got in right before the 60 day window you have to dispute w/ your bank (thank god!), and the bank refunded the $189 to me, while going after the company to find out why they weren't holding up their end of the deal. I have no idea what happened or what was said, of course....all I did was file the necessary paperwork with my credit union, detailing what happened, what was said, etc. And lo & behold....about 2 weeks later, Once Driven actually notified me that my money was finally being refunded to me! Didn't explain anything or apologize of course, but at least I'm getting my funds back. So definitely get your bank involved, especially if it's within 2 months of being charged the fee. It's worth it! We need to get these bastards out of business!

ladyfromspain
120

Check out the BBB, Virginia (where it is based) I don't know how they got my cell number. I never give it out, and I have received several calls. I just don't answer it, or call them back when they leave a message. I always check out companies before contacting them. http://www.bbb.org/western-virginia/business-reviews/auto-listing- service/longwood-industries-inc-in-bedford-va-9004961 This is a real eye opener about Once Driven.

majid1333
70

I have been taken for $189 too, sad to say. NO service has been provided by them either, none what so ever. (21 days into service and no buyer has contacted me since. They say we have sent you several emails with buyer info!!!! bull.) They told me on the phone "full refund within 45 days" and after I paid the fee I had learned that I was misled with the WORDING!!! I filed with my credit card/bank and they are refunding me and pursuing these jerks.( I requested my bank to try pursuing them legally, but I don't think they will.) I've been told that they(Oncedriven) would probably refund the $189 volunteerily.!!

ladyfromspain
120

I keep getting calls from 1 888 941 6515 and I finally called the number to tell them to STOP calling me. I reached Once Driven and the recording allowed me to push a number to stop getting the calls, and then went on to say something else and I had to push another number to tell them I didn't want them to call the specific number (my cell) anymore. I hope this works. They have been calling for two weeks now.

John Quiles
40

I called them today and everything sounded great until the 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee. They said "if you sold the car first you'll get your money back" and then the obvious question came "why if I don't sell the car and you guys don't sell the car either, do I get my money back?." In a very professional way they didn't answer my question and put me on hold. LOL!!!!....Scam 101

Smart_Shopper_1
80

Since there is so many complaints against this company has anyone ever considered reporting them to the FBI of Internet fraud ? If you have paid monies to this "company" you should contact the FBI along with others so that this fraudulent "company" can be shut down and also have to repay the monies fraudulently collected , there also may be repercussions for their actions. You can file an anonymous tips to the FTC ( Federal Trades Commission) . Click on the links below: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/cyber https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#crnt&panel1-1 Good Luck God Bless!

donwrong456
50

Just to add to all the above, same experience, they do nothing but collect $199 and then will not give you your money back when they fail to do anything. Not 1 inquire. Also I tried to post a negative review on their site and believe it or not it never appeared.

JohnyBravo
60

Thank you ALL , I've sold vehicle's before on Craigslist and this is the First case these loons have left me messages to contact Aaron at once driven 888-941-6515 . and as soon as I type in their info ,ALL i see are Complaints ! Thanks for not letting me waste my time.

Divamama
70

Wow, I just got off the phone with "Laura" over there, and it sounded so above board! I'm disappointed because I would gladly pay $189 to get this car sold once and for all. I just listed it a couple of days ago and have been already contacted by the Paypal scam artist and now this OnceDriven scam artist. Where are the real car buyers out there?????

bikenow
20

So sad I didn't find this site until after I have been scammed by Once Driven. More selling activity from KSL.com, a free service, than from this rip-off Site. I should have known better.

flyingfatboy
60

Several years ago I put my motorcycle on CL, got 2 calls from idiots that told me they were out of the country but wanted my bike. But, their agent, buddy, whatever would pick up the bike and give me a cashiers check for about 5K over the selling price. I was to take the check to my bank, cash it and give them the difference, Yeah right!!! Now I go on CL with a truck and 1st. get this AH who wants to buy the truck ....sight un-seen and he also is out of the country, but wants to know my PayPal account so he can deposit the money. My concern is, How does that work.....if someone puts money in your pay pal account, is it credited to you on deposit? I would think Pay Pal would have to clear the funds before they give one credit???? Pay Pal also has a protection included with your account. So with that new Pay Pal approach, which has to be a rip off, I just wondered how it would work??? These goons called me right after I listed with CL, so I smelled a rat right off the bat. Ain't nothing easy, specially when trying to sell a vehicle. Thanks for the reassurance.

Sretch
20

Just got off the phone with them. They DO give you your money back if you sell your car elsewhere. BUT: they charge a service fee of 29.00. So when you think you agreed on a fair deal, they rip off your 29.00. They can just relax (which they probably do, without even trying to sell your car) and wait and get either 29.00 or 189.00. So easy for them...

Realaw
80

Just received a call from Aaron myself (888) 941-6515. Already got the text/email scam mentioned above, out in the ocean with no cell phone service, HELLO, satellite phones!? One thing grad school taught me that I actually use is to Google something before acting. Glad I found this site. Thanks!

TheyTried
50

Here is my thingk and I have received several calls from them on my Craigslist AD for my Yamaha motorcycles in Hampton Roads. I told them I would call them back after I research them for fraud or phishing and what did I find. You ALLl!!! :-) Thanks, I will not be using them!!! This is the kind of networking that needs to happen to keep people from getting scammed.

TheyTried
50

Secondly; why have the authorities not picked these people up? Has no one filed a complaint of those who have been scammed.

TheyTried
50

Aaron called me too...hahaha

emlarge
40

'Aaron' from Once Driven left me an automated call within 48 hours of listing my vehicle on Cars.com. His message sounded interesting so I gave them a call about an hour ago. I spoke to a rep named 'Robert' who let me know that I was asking for $2000 less than I should for my vehicle (even though I thoroughly researched the market value on that vehicle in my area - not sure what planet he was going to try selling it on!). He said they could guarantee me a sale for at least $1000 more than I was asking. They tried signing me up right there for the $189 service, but I suggested that Robert send me his contact info first (nothing yet) while I research his company (he gave me their web site, which certainly culls any negative feedback) - thanks for the honest reviews... you've saved us about $200!

davewe
40

I also have been getting calls from "Aaron" who swears he can sell my classic Mercedes. Thanks to all whoi have posted here and saved me the headache and $200.00

carpin
10

I'm glad I looked here! I was also called by this Arron guy,he left a message on my cell.When I called back,the girl was so nice,but a little pushy about signing me up.When I told her I just wanted to think about it and call her back,she got all "snotty" with me too!That's what tipped me off that something wasn't right.I was scammed by a company called Driver Manager about 6 months ago(its supposed to fix the drivers on your computer).They only took me for $50,then they tell you you need more of there services(for a lot more money) to really make it work right because your computer has all these other problems,such BULLS#@%!!! They did install the program,but it quit working completely about a month later.I Googled it after the fact and found a site like this that had hundreds of people that had gotten burned! Thank god for Google! I should have called my CC company,but I just let it go.I have my bike listed on CL and Cycle Trader,so I'm not sure how they found me.Such a shame! P.T.Barnum said it right a long time ago:There's a sucker born every minute!

rondabower
20

Arron just called me on my classic care, thanks for all the feedback. People united helping each other

patrickh3282
20

I would just like to say that Once Driven is a solid, reputable company. They've helped thousands of people sell their car, who otherwise could not. Oh, I'm just kidding...

sbic56
0

Whoa...glad I found these reports. I told them I wanted to check them out before giving my CC numbers and so glad I did. When they said they weren't with the BBB but some other organization I'd never heard about, I was suspicious. suspicions confirmed! (They found my motorhome I am selling on craigslist.) Now I hope they don't keep bugging me!

EABPas
30

To be fair, their website does explain the "money back guarantee" as a guarantee only to refund your money if you sell the car to someone they didn't introduce you to. "OnceDriven.com offers a 45-Day Money-Back Guarantee to those who purchase our $189 service. This guarantee protects sellers in the event they sell the vehicle to a buyer not delivered by OnceDriven within 45 days of signing up with us. If you meet the following criteria and sell the vehicle before we do, you may request a refund. To be eligible to request a refund: - Sellers must provide a photo within 14 calendar days of sign-up - Sellers must request the refund within the first 45 days of sign-up - Sellers must sell the vehicle to buyer not delivered by OnceDriven - Sellers must provide verification of sale of the vehicle What is this? Sellers who have met the above criteria will receive a refund of the purchase price ($189) minus a $29 processing fee. Requests may be made using our simple online form. If you choose not to request a refund, we will market your vehicle until sold, at no additional charge." That said, it doesn't seem worth the money. Not that I've had any leads from CarGurus either. I got a lot more views on AutoTrader and KBB, and a call from someone on Craigs List (but they weren't serious).

4_LittleCats
10

IF YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED OFF BY SUCH SCAMS THAT CLAIM GUARANTEES/WARRANTIES, CALL YOUR BANK FOR A REFUND AND IF THEY ARE A GOOD BANK....THEY WILL HELP YOU WITH THE DISPUTE AND TEMPORARILY GIVE YOU A REGUND. AFTER THE INVESTIGATION IS COMPLETE-. MOST LIKELY IN YOYR FAVOR- YOU GET YOYR $189/200.BACK SINCE COMPANIES SUCH AS THIS.ARE SCUM IF THE EARTH!!!! MAYBE THIS WILL FINALLY PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS!

mro164
15

Thanks to everyone who posted on this site. I have been called by two separate companies offering this same service. One was Once Driven, and the other was a company whose name I could not understand because the young woman's accent was so thick, it was difficult to understand her. When I asked her to spell her name and her company's name for me, she hung up! I figured it if it "sounds too good to be true, it probably is", but I checked out this site to be sure. THANK YOU to everyone who was kind enough to take the time to post your warnings so that others will not be taken advantage of!

Ann Gerard
30

Just purchased the $189 deal with Once Driven. For those of you who think they are guaranteeing a sale, you are incorrect. The refund applies if you sell on your own within 45 days. If you place an ad in the newspaper and your item doesn't sell, they don't refund your money. You are paying for ad exposure. I am going to test their ad approach by looking at similar vehicles on-line and then seeing if their ad "pops" up on my Facebook page, which is where they said their ads would show up. If I see nothing on Facebook within a couple of weeks, I will consider them to be not fulfilling their obligation and then dispute my charges with my CC company. I believe one has up to 60 days to do that, so, no worries. As for the person who posted re the PayPal scam - PayPal is very helpful as explaining how the scam works and will give you examples of "catch-phrases" that will alert you to the scam. Basically, PayPal does cover vehicles purchases, and so, when the "buyer" disputes the charge (which is what they do after you have sent money to a "shipper", PayPal will charge it back to you and you are out the money. Scammers used to do it with bank drafts which were counterfeit. PayPal suggests COD - cash only - for any used vehicles purchases. Hope this is helpful. I will keep you posted on any new experiences with Once Driven.

dallas0820
1,230

I worked for this company Ann. I can promise you they won't do what theyare telling you they will do. They only post your car on their site. that's it.

girlmoma
20

These idiots have called me twice from my Craigs list ad despite me specifically putting in my ad do not call me to solicit me. I filed a complaint with the FCC for telemarketing complaint. They seem like a total waste of money.

girlmoma
20

These guys called me again for the 3rd time. Another message from a blocked number

davewe
40

Latest on some of these scams. I am now being called by a company that claims to be AAA rated with the BB but I haven't checked. Any know about Car Offers.com

kbharon
30

Ditto! They've violated Craiglist and called me without permission. My vehicle sold, I removed the ad and they STILL send phone messages to me. Can't any Attorney General do something? CROOKS! STAY AWAY FROM THEM AND TELL OTHERS.

jubie
20

Everything is all too familiar. The "ghost" voicemail, the claim to be based in Virginia, and the hype to aggressively sell your car. They also claim to be partnered with Facebook. Decided to do research on another website before committing to them. Glad I did. Thanks to everyone who posted.

Kim Kastner Charpentier
20

THEY ARE A SCAM!! DO NOT PAY THEM ANY OF YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY!! They use confusing language to make it sound like there's a money back guarantee. You will NOT get your money back unless YOU find a buyer for your vehicle. It's that simple!! I got my money back by informing them that I was "disputing the transaction" through my credit card company.

Tom Spann
10

I bit and was taken. I lost 189.00 and believed what I now know to be a bunch of lies. You can google :" Used Cars" and they don;t even show up. It is a rip off

Jennifer Conroy-Schwartz
100

If you have just fallen for this scam I received a refund from them. This is what I did. Later in the day after they called I and I signed up, another scam came through my mailbox. My husband caught it and then I looked up once driven, and my stomach sank. Since I paid with my debit card I talked to my bank and they said I could file a fraud claim once the transaction was published. So I waited a day and my husband said why don't you call them up first and see if they will give you a refund. I didn't think they would, but the next morning I received 26 email from them saying they were leads. I emailed all 26 people saying I think I was scammed and asking if they were real people. Two were bounced, 1 looked like a bot, and one person was real, but said she was not looking for a car. With evidence in hand I called customer service and said "I'd like a refund" they asked why "because you are a scam" they blubbered a bit saying if this is a scam then why would they answer the phone. I said look, you sent me 26 emails this moring 2 were fake 1 was a bot and a third person said she wasn't even looking for a car. I'm going to file a fraud charge with my BANK or you can refund my money. They said they would have a manager call me back. I said they had 1 hour before I'd file the charge. It took a little longer than 1 hour, but my money was refunded. Apparently they are afraid of banks. If your situation was not too far in the past, see if you can file a fraud charge with the bank or credit card company. Good Luck!

spamstinks818
690

The firm is not accredited by the Better Business Bureau... http://www.bbb.org/roanoke/business-reviews/auto-listing- service/longwood-industries-inc-in-bedford-va-9004961/

spamstinks818
690

Consumer Complaints for Longwood Industries, Inc - BBB http://www.bbb.org/western-virginia/Business-Reviews/auto-listing- service/longwood-industries-inc-in-bedford-va-9004961/complaints

spamstinks818
690

OnceDriven aka Longwood Industries, Inc | scamFRAUD http://www.scamfraudalert.org/2014/04/29/oncedriven-aka-longwood- industries-inc/

spamstinks818
690

Longwood Industries, Inc | Complaints Board http://www.complaintsboard.com/?search=longwood&page=4

spamstinks818
690

Longwood Industries, Inc | Ripoff Report http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/specific_search/Longwood,%20Inc

Realaw
80

Once Driven is a total SCAM! Run the other way from this one. A bunch of sweatshop dirtbags. They'd steal their dying grandmother's money! I repeat; DO NOT EVER USE ONCE DRIVEN!

Sleven1911
20

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE!!!! This company does not honor its obligations. I met every obligation required of their guarantee - signed up, sent photos within 14 days, and then sold my vehicle by other means. Upon requesting my refund they told me they hadn't received my photos. When I filed proof, in the form of my original email, they said that their firewall had blocked my photos because they were too large - they were 5 normal size photos taken with an iPhone. I met my obligations. They haven't met theirs. Who is interested in a class-action against this company??

Jeff Cokenour
20

I posted an ad on Craigslist and they robocall me incessantly with a blocked number. This cannot be a legitimate firm.

Jeremy Green
20

Aaron has been trying to call me for 2 weeks now ever since I posted my CRV for sale on CL. I've told them not to call me, but they keep calling, and I'm on the DNC list. I filed a complaint with the FCC after I found this website while doing more research on the company, Once Driven. Thanks for the heads up everyone.

tre123
10

Oncedriven is a complete scam! They harassed me weekly with phone calls stating that they had several buyers looking for my vehicle. Once I signed up and paid the $189 I never heard from them again. I have now sold my vehicle myself and they will not give me my money back as I was originally promised.

anonadposter
10

I started getting calls from Once Driven, just like everyone else. One thing I noticed, and it may or may not be related, is that right around that same time I started getting Craigslist no-shows. That is, people with odd names that would say they wanted to come and see my car at a specified time, but never show up. Interestingly none of them provided email addresses or telephone numbers, they just used the Craigslist email relay. Wondering if it's a Once Driven employee trying to tire out sellers before hitting them with their spiel.

misamassa
5

Scum

Mark Lister
0

thanks for the heads up guys,, aaron calls us daily, gar gurus is awesome and has been free , we sell classics and musclecars Lister motorsports troutman NC

Researcher
20

You NEED to read this report on the company. Their REAL name is Adventis Inc. They operate under another non-profit company's name just so they can get by the do-not-call registry laws. http://articles.wdbj7.com/2012-11-08/wdbj7_34999446

David Crutchfield
20

THIS IS A SCAM - PLAIN AND SIMPLE. THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND DID NOTING AND NO REFUNDS>

dr2591
0

They have been bugging me for 10 days. I thought it was strange my cell would not ring but there would be a voice mail. I called and talked to a gal telling me to email all the info. She did. After reading all this I wouldn't touch this outfit with a 10' pole. Thank you all.

vette2015
10

I signed up about a week ago. They sent me 3and bogus email addresses the next day about interested buyers. I emailed oncedriven and they assured me they were legit. Today I called once driven and was given the run around. I asked for a refund. I recieved an email several minutes later saying they would have the refund department reiew my claim in 10 to 14 days. I told them they had till end of business the next day. I recieced email saying I would see my refund in 3 to five days. A couple of minites later while at the bank to refute charges they sent an email saying they refuned my 189.00. I'm so glad I found this wedsite. They so not want the banks involved!!

Frank8239jhf
10

SPAM CALLER!!! I listed a classified on a local website to sell something that was NOT A CAR! I keep getting calls from a blocked number. They leave a pre-recorded voice mail, a guy named Erin that says he has buyers lined up that want my car. I don't have a car that is even registered!! Just two junkers in the garage that have not been driven in a year for one and 5 years for the other. I am on the Do Not Call registry and have been for 2 years. I have reported them. STAY AWAY from these bottom feeding SCUMBAGS!!! Their number is 888-941-6515

wendi413
10

I have been getting their calls for a few weeks now.. always come in as Restricted, and he has left about 3 messages. I sold my car two weeks ago, but the message he left me this afternoon is "So, I'm looking at your car online..." No buddy, you aren't. I guarantee it! I removed it from all sites the day I sold it. The number he left is 540-904-4838. When I called there was an automated system to remove my number. Hopefully it worked...

0064
0

Glad I found the answer to my question before shelled out any money. I don't know if Arron is his real name but when I called 888-941-6515 another person answered. He gave me the sales pitch. He told me I could contact him directly by choosing option 3 and ext 145. After I hung up, I found these reviews and will not give them $189.00 of my money. I am still getting a lot of anoyonamos phone calls and text message since my listing on Craig's List. Will not be doing any business with Once Driven!

Lody
20

I too was called by Once-Driven, and finally decided to give them a try. I was told by a representative that if I had sold the car AT ANY TIME, I would get the refund. I got a few weak notifications that someone was interested. I contacted one through, and got no response. After that I left the contact up to them - and also got no response. When I got my car sold and requested a refund I was told that the 45day limit was over and I could not have a refund. I had specifically asked about that in my initial interview. They either need to get honest or inform their representatives more completely. I see (now) that the BBB is not impressed either! Thanks, but no thanks.

dcutlip
20

Thanks for all of your comments. They kept me from going with them. I'll stick with Auto Trader for my 87 convertible show car. I'm glad to know who all of the unknown calls are from. I have them blocked on my phone,so I don't have to deal with it. I'll tell Jessica the next time she calls, thanks, but no thanks.

patlori
25

Unknowing of all these comments, I tried to pick up the phone while "Aaron" was leaving the message... Turns out it's a recording that is leaving the message even though they make it sound like someone is actually calling you. I only know that because I couldn't interrupt him while he was leaving the message. Big Warning Sign it's a SCAM.

triathlete3
0

Just rec'd my first call from Once Driven....Thank you to everyone here. I will not even return their call. However, they got my number from one source....Craigslist....where I'm selling a very old snowmachine that I just rebuilt. I know this because I don't give any of this info out at all and use CL sparingly

redarticfox
20

if ya'll want to pay back some of that trouble that they brought upon you,Frist answer the phone call "CIA FRAUD DIVISION CAN I HELP YOU"or just waste there time buy listening to there bull and ask lots of question like "how many buyers do u have?" or "do sell red cars or blue cars?" Be creative. Call them back at all times. They will take you off the list when you start costing them time and money.I once got a call from a scammer and had fun wasting there time,and when they wanted my credit card i gave they the UPC code off the cereal box that i was eating at breakfest at the time. Ha! Ha! felt good after dishing some back for once. My doctor told me to get rid of stress in my life, it works! Oh ya, always check any one out for ripoff reports first before wasting your time being pressured buy "Sales pirates" Have fun and have a nice day!

reecerobin
30

I also received a scripted call from OnceDriven after posting an auto classified on Craigslist. This company, under the umbrella of Longwood Industries, has an F rating with the BBB (http://www.bbb.org/western-virginia/business-reviews/auto-listing- service/longwood-industries-inc-a-d-b-a-oncedriven-com-in-bedford-va- 9004961/). I'm going to remove my phone number from the ad now.

You think this is helpful.
zetor7441
0

I also got a call from OnceDriven from a gregslist posting.Total scam and also got a paypal scam.What is so unbelievable is how much work had to go into these scams and that is why it sometimes hard to detect every time.I guess the rule of the day if it sound to good it must be a SCAM

Tina7255
0

I got a instant voicemail from these people on two different phones. The first time it happened was about 15days ago and I signed up. They said on the phone word for word that if they don't sell it and we don't either that they will give a refund. Not what it says on their website that I just read today. I had recently changed my number and reposted my car on Craigslist with the updated number yesterday. Today I got the instant voicemail and my phone didn't even ring. It was the same exact voicemail that I had on my old cell. I thought that was fishy so I looked up reviews for once driven. After I read a lot of comments I instantly called them. I told them I want a refund. And a lady by the name of Susan said ok what's your vehicle vin and blah blah blah and I said no that's not why I want my money refunded. You guys lied to me over the phone and never said anything about if neither of us don't sell my car then we don't get a refund. You said over the phone that if you don't sell the car we get refunded or if we sell the car before you do then we get a refund. And if you don't give me my full refund now I am going to call my bank and tell them you are a scam and made a fraudulent charge. She then told me ok I will email you when the refund is processed. I have received that email and it says it will take 3 business days for the credit to appear. Let's hope this works which I'm sure it will from the comments I have read on here. Which thank you by the way to the people who commented on how they called them first and not the bank. They obviously don't want to deal with the bank lol but if I don't receive my refund I will call my bank and I will get back on here to tell you guys if they didn't refund me. Happy holidays to all and please don't fall for this scam like my gullible ass did.

Michelle May Greethurst
0

Scam, some people got their money back when threatened with filing fraud charges. They called me this morning saying they have people wanting my make and model. Mine is NOT drivable so big red flag there! I looked them up and hundreds of complaints money given and no results. I would not use them. I also put DO NOT contact for other programs on my listing and they still called me. How they got my number isn't known because it's NOT on my listing.

David Obodum
25

Thanks for posting this. A day after I posted on Craigslist some guy who I think was named mark called to buy our Civic. The phone said it was a private caller but the guy left an 855 number. I wasn't home and my son accidentally deleted the message. When I got home and he apologized, he explained that to him, it sounded like a company. I said it was ok because I didn't want to sell it to a company. Thank God, it was probably these guys!

Appleaday09
0

Thank you guys for all the info. Im glad i didnt answer the multiple calls. Although i would not have fronted any money, This still saved me. I thought they would just get a percentage o the sale and that seems more logical. Fronting money is always a scam.