Is CarGurus owned by Cars.com?

jimwhite
0

Asked by jimwhite May 10, 2013 at 04:50 PM

Is CarGurus owned by Cars.com? See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psgRKYaiSZI

50,915

I have no idea of who owns what. I watched the video for four minutes and still don't understand what the controversy is. The advocate in the hat was saying something about road loans. I'm not interested in listening for another half hour. --- I'm not in the market for a used car. I know how to advise the repair of some vehicle problems.

87,445

Me either, but I think this database copies the ads from other websites. Is that a bad thing? You be the judge.

Racer_X
13,045

Hmmm? I watched about 16 mins of the video. Seems like Dealers are pissed off that this site is taking it upon themselves to rate cars are "Bad or Fair" deals AND the fact that their inventory is even listed on here at all. No idea about Cars.com owning CarGurus (neither site mentions the other)..BUT this site HAS to be tapping into car inventory data banks from somewhere, b/c Dealers don't advertise directly on here from what I understand.

87,445

I've seen vehicles here copied from autotrader.com as well. So I guess you can see why some dealers are upset. But if you wanted to know the location and contact info without going through this site, as other have said is a pain. I would look at both autotrader and cars and I can usually find the vehicle and the dealer information. :-)

DavidH25

Scroll to the very bottom of this page and there is information all about CarGurus