best starter car for new driver

suzlaidler
0

Asked by suzlaidler Apr 23, 2013 at 11:01 PM

what car would you recommend for a new driver - second hand not more than $7000?

judge_roy

Something slow and safe with airbags...recommend the scion IQ~

judge_roy

you can lease one for not too much money, that way if you wreck it, won't really matter.

cb1092
10

in my opinion for new drivers i wouldnt just go buy a new car especially with the risk of messing something up and there expensive to fix if anything does happen. i would go with and older model subaru or even a mitsubishi AWD deffinately helps when you first start driving i have a 98 impreza my self. but judge_roy's idea isnt bad at all either sicons are amazing cars.

TPD
55

Ford Crown Vic, decent $4k to 7k large & safe readily available repairs reasonable parts accessible

judge_roy

yes....a decommissioned Police Interceptor...nothing is cooler than the roar of a 5.6 Liter FORD~

Rolandus
0

I would say that you would want a car that is relatively safe with all the new safety technology, cheap to insure, reliable, and sips gas. Your best bet in the $7000 catagory would be the 2007 Nissan Versa hatchback...look on Craigslist or www.cargurus.com

Andrew_M6889
5

I've always recommended SUV's. Chevy has always treated my family great. Look at trailblazer, Tahoe, Suburban. Ford has great SUV's as well. Safe, reliable, and great cars to start with. Good luck in your search.

judge_roy

ho-hum.