Meguiars VS. Turtle Wax (Ice)

Matthew Jones
35

Asked by Matthew Dec 09, 2010 at 03:22 PM

Has any one used the Meguiars NXT Generation 2.0 Wax? I'm thinking of trying it. I use Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic paste polish. After reading both packages the Meguiars sounds better than The Turtle Wax Ice. Any thoughts or input would be great! Thanks!

redtiger
60

in my 45 yrs.of playing with cars i've tried all the popular products including ice, meguiars, mothers and i finally found a product that doesn't spend money on advertising, but makes a great product usually used by commercial shops. 3m synthetic wax is my new favorite. comparable price to name brands just higher quality. if you like ice, you'll love this stuff. wipes off without hazing. leaves no residue. to me, ice is crap and mothers and meguiars are both living off old reputations.

Chase Sutherland
3,715

adams polishes for me. they work miracles.

Anthony Kurtz
285

try using collinite fleet wax. its a boat wax. after waxing your car or truck, use a spray detailer with silicone in it like meguiars #135 to remove dust and hazing. the boat wax lasts longer, gives more protection, and is a crap load smoother and shinier. if u wanna go overboard, top all that off with racatac race glaze. you wont even be able to lean on your car. youll just slide right off. trust me.. these are the chemicals and waxes i use at my job. i detail lambos, ferraris, maseratis, aston martins... and occasionally corvettes here and there. check out my shops sit. www.orangecountyautomotive.com

Markieman
0

I used the Meg' Cleaner Wax today. Easiest to put on and rub off that I've found. Car sparkles as well.

Len Langelaan
175

Nu-Finish is amazing polish. Much better than ice. I also use Mothers hard wax that lasts 3-4 months, good stuff!