I cannot get the tire pressure light to go off. How do I do it?

craig
25

Asked by craig May 24, 2007 at 10:13 PM about the Nissan Versa

My wife has driven over a bridge two time with our Versa, and each time the time pressure light comes on. How do I get it to turn off?

19,385

It seems the Versa is having a little bit of an issue with the tire warning system (TPMS - Tire Pressure Warning System.) I did a quick search in some of the Versa forums and found that some people have had issues with the light coming on at random times when nothing is wrong. Apparently the owners manual states that when you turn on the ignition and the TPMS flashes and then stays illuminated then it's a malfunction with the monitoring system and has to be "recalibrated" by a dealer. That is all I know. There is one recall pertaining to the brakes of the Versa but I dont know if it covers your issue, definitely worth a look. I don't know how you can reset the light yourself but I would call the service dept at your dealer and ask them if you can do it or if it needs to be brought in, also ask them to resolve the issue b/c you can't be driving to the dealership every time the light goes on! The site to look up existing recalls is here: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/recalls/recallsearch.cfm If you enter campaign ID 06V348000 it will bring up the recall. Best of luck.

Nathan Johnson
75

If the light comes on and is on constantly it is a TPMS error, meaning one of the tires is low. I had the light come on over the winter and it was just when cold one tire was a pound or so low and it tripped the warning. If the light is blinking than you have bigger issues. The recall for the brakes on the versa has nothing to do with the TPMS. It is a brake fluid label for the reservoir... It is a joke of a recall... The only serious recall is a few early ones had a bad harness and the seatbelt connection acts up and in a wreck the SRS may fail.

bogreg
80

I have a 2007 Nissan Versa. Every time the tire pressure gets below 38psi the lights comes on. I took it to the dealer when I could not get the light to go off. It says on the door panel that the tires are supposed to have 35psi but the man at the dealership said that it needed to be 38psi. They put the air in and I have been keeping it at 38psi. Now my tires are worn in the middle and I find out that is caused by having to much air in the tire. I have less than 25,00 miles on my car and am going to have to replace the tires. I agree with the person that said to check your tires about once a month and ignore the light. Needless to say, I will not be going back to Victory Nissan in Knoxville, Tn. anymore.

You think this is helpful.
macsmomalways
40

I have had the same problem. The dealership had to replace mine with a new one, BUT it made no difference. That light keeps coming on and will not go out. Just yesterday (9-18-12) I took it in and they "reset" it and put air in the tires. This morning, it flashed and then stayed on. Nothing changed. Not to mention my left brake light continuously goes out. I can bump the fender around the tail light and it will come on (only one time though) and then I have to go back to the dealership. I have taken this car THREE times since 2007 and even when it was under warranty, and they tell me they can not figure out what is wrong. The service manager told me maybe I was turning left too much. Wow, what a jerk! I will trade this car in and buy either a Ford or Chevrolet from here on out. I am done with Nissan.

You think this is helpful.
NSSNVRS2007
65

Guys, I have a blue Nissan Versa 2007 Hatchback. I went to 2 different places previous I decided to reset the TPMS signal. 1) I went to Mavis Discount Tires, I refused to pay 25 bucks to reset the TPMS light. 2) Then I went to a Nissan Dealer in Westbury, NY where the freeking lady from customer service explained me it was a 250 bucks to change one (1) sensor from the tire 'cause my car is 7 years old and battery from sensor is death. I was disgusted and disappointed. She couldn't even orient me or give me a few couple of good advices. I disappeared immediately. 3) I went to another tire retailer (All Weather Tire Sales & Services at Huntington Station, NY) and I asked to reset the TPMS light from my dashboard. I explained the TPMS light remained ON after blinking during a minute. Previous my visit, I inflated the tires up the normal pressure and I monitored it during a week by keeping the right pressure on 35 psi. The result was very simple. The guy from the retailer asked me 10 bucks to reset the TPMS light. He checked the signal emitted from every tire sensor which were all OK. Then he plugged an expensive machine to the OBDII under the wheel to reset the TPMS light. Voila! This TPMS light disappeared magically in less then 2 minutes! It took me more time writing this lines than the resetting of the TPMS light. Cheers! Hopefully this post will help more than one. Carlos.

preciousflorida
0

Wow, I did not know about the brakes, I have a 2014 Versa and the dashboard light comes on saying you are not buckled up. Come on Feds recall this car. Jenkins Nissan, Lakeland, Florida....they did not tell me about the brakes.