Can I buy steering wheel (for SXT) and spend a Saturday routing wires to stereo head unit in SE?

floo
25

Asked by floo Jul 15, 2007 at 10:47 PM about the Dodge Caliber

Purchased SE with MusicGate, 6CD and Sirius but it doesn't have steering wheel audio controls :-(

Will gladly spend money and elbow grease to install if possible :-0

Looking forward to your reply if it's yes :-)

24,955

I don't believe that the system you described will be compatible with the steering wheel audio controls. They would be a factory installed option requiring different parts to be correct.

Daniel Jr.
35

This is the problem with the caliber, is that the car is that lacks on the cool stuff... The longer I have the car the more I wish I would have bought extra add ons, stuff that should have been standard, like a trip computer, tac, steering wheel mounted controls, better sound insulation. My car even lacks a better radio that can read track names from HD stations, etc... It just disappointing. I am looking forward to the new 2011 Ford Focus 5 door. Dodge is just been disappointing lately, as in doing nothing to innovate, heck last year the Caliber was not even at the auto show and this year Jeep Dodge and Chrysler did not even bother to show up, since they have nothing new to show its really sad...