03 dodge ram no power

Asked by rickdodgeram03 Sep 21, 2013 at 04:38 PM about the Dodge Ram

Good day, I have a 03 dodge ram 4.7. One day go to start it no power except dome light
headlights and my milage shows up on cluster, radio fan and such works, when I go to
start it it cuts all power completly off until I release the key, no gauges (needles) on the
cluster move at all. When the key is turnt I am able to move the gear shifter in to any gear
without pushing brake. The truck is on a slight slope so when in neutral will not move.
Roll. I am stuck on we're to look. I have replaced the starter, ignition switch, battery, and
cleaned all terminal ends and checked fuses. Thanks for any info.

Check for a blown fuse in the underhood fuse box. Double check your battery connections. Actually sounds like a bad ground. HTH. -Jim

I agree with Js08016, sounds like bad ground

You are going to have to check to see if the power (12 volts), is getting down to the starter, I aqm sure it isnt, but you have to check, that tells you if all is good except the starter, use a volt meter set on DC volts, and hold it on the large cable on the starter and on ground, if it shows 12 volts that tellsyou the battery cable is good to the starter, then put it on the small wire ,and have someone turn the key over like they are trying to start it, if the volts reads 12 volts, the starter or solenoid is bad, you have to try these things first it is what we would try...

Just had the same thing on my 05 ram ,found the was no ground to started relay ,I found a wire under fuse box under the hood ,it was a white wire with red tracer that was broken into but jacket was good ,turn fuse box up side down and pull on each wire ,if it not broke or loose it will not move,also check for coroision in plugs on bottom side . I change the pcm and still same thing $200.00 later I found the wire into .small white wire red tracer Good luck