1994 c1500 5.7 2wd

Kevin Gignac
0

Asked by Kevin Feb 14, 2013 at 12:22 AM about the Chevrolet C/K 1500

Ok i have a 94 chevy pick up and i love it but last night the rear brakes locked  but i could nt stop so i got it home "2
blocks away  and i went a banged on the rear brakes and they unlocked..Any ways  sitting in my truck later i heard a
light knocking sound now  ..now the trans is already bad and im having it rebuilt this week end ..but im kinda
scared now i went under the truck while running and placed my ear on the oil pan and sounds nice and smooth
but as i get closer to the trans dust cover i hear the light knocking what can it be?

judge_roy

The brakes are a separate issue, is it anti-lock brakes? anyways sounds like your flywheel ring gear (does it give you a hard time starting? a crack sound?) suspect the flywheel and ring gear at fault. Don't kill me if this is not the case...behold my Guru rating. Never knew I was that good, someone's goosin' the chicken?? do have an intuition that gets me in trouble with my fellow guru-

7jimmy7
9,645

no need to bang on drums,just grab handbrake cables and shake,im thinking their needing lubed,and knocking could be ,,conveter attach bolts striking bellhousing,or a crack in flex plate that holds conv. to flywheel,

Best Answer
Kevin Gignac
0

no my truck dosent have anit lock brakes and a buddy said i may have cracked the fly wheel i dunno i was thinking maybe the clutches in the converter broke or something and again after work today i layed under the truck and put my ear to the oil pan and she sound nice?..if im correct i believe a knock would sound very loud when you put your ear on the oil pan? correct me if im wrong? and the truck strarts wright up....im barrowed a grand from my boss to keep my truck running..and i can get a need fly wheel for 25 bucks so that i have covered should i lock tight the bolt of everything i put back tougher?

Kevin Gignac
0

and stupid as this sounds banging on the drums worked! and thank you for all the help and please keep it coming

runslikeadeersmellslikeajon
0

le used chevy dude huh bro deuche in pic up there huh