Problem with front speakers not working all the time

valleyspas
0

Asked by valleyspas Sep 22, 2010 at 05:57 PM about the Chevrolet C/K 3500

2007 3500 W/T radio, front speakers don't work, after sitting in sun for half a day they work, or one works, rear speakers always work. Start truck in morning, front speakers don't work! Radio with single CD.

cooldad47
125

does your seatbelt chims work?

Jesse Brouse
595

Might be a bad wire somewhere, or possibly the wire is loose and disconnecting / connecting to the speaker. Might want to check fuses as well, I had the same issue.. found one bad fuse, and still wasn't working.. took out the speaker and found that the wire was disconnected.

cooldad47
125

Well it all started with the chims not working and then the drivers speaker not working but tweater does then passenger speaker went out as well and now I only have one speaker REAR LEFT WHAT THE HECK? they will all come back on but only when they want to I have even switched the driver and passenger speakers because the dealer said it was the speaker but still does the same thing.(dealer said the drivers door speaker is linked to the doors chims) thats the reason for the swap of the 2 speakers.Any ideas what else that could be causing this? thanks for any feedback

Jesse Brouse
595

well, they are linked together I know that.. the only thing I can really think of is that somewhere the wiring might be switched around, or like the dealer said its the speaker, but if they're working on and off.. that's a little confusing. I don't think it'd be a bad relay..

d100j
50

I have a 2007 2500 HD the left speaker has been replaced 3 times. the speaker is bad because I tested it on another radio. The speaker did not work. I now have onother bad speaker. what could be causing this? I am getting tired of replacing the speaker.