dodge ram pickup 1500 v8 engine bogs down when driving

linkin
0

Asked by linkin Feb 08, 2013 at 10:53 PM about the Dodge Ram Pickup 2500

Engine bogs down and wont go anywhere when in drive almost like its not getting its fuel. When I pull over and put it in neutral or park and rev motor a bit it sounds great,no miss or bog. Doesn't  try to stall or anything like that. In a few minutes bog goes away and truck runs great until I shut it down for a while. It starts great then when I try to take off in drive bog starts and then goes away in few minutes again. Truck not holding any codes. Is this a plug and wire problem or a fuel problem,hopefully a fuel filter or a bad wire and not a fuel pump or timing belt. Would appreciate any advice you can offer..Thank You.     Drew Scott.

judge_roy

the EGR is clobberd up delivering exhaust gas back in on acceleration. Check operation of the EGR.

linkin
0

truck has no egr valve,has a purge cylinder

judge_roy

It's got to have an EGR, this is a legal mandate that we have these hideous devices. Yes you have a purge cylinder, this is for fuel fumes when you fill the tank. Different gig. I'll look for a replacement EGR, then you'll know. Beginning the search now...achem, you never said what year this vehicle is, need to know that if I'm gonna help you.

judge_roy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC_Y-OVE3yg

linkin
0

its a 2000 1500 v8 5.2 only has 40000 miles

linkin
0

its a SLT laramie