where should you start to fix code p0441

fliporflop
0

Asked by fliporflop Aug 14, 2014 at 07:05 PM about the Dodge Ram Pickup 1500

24,195

See .http://www.obd-codes.com/p0441/ ..for cause and fix Your charcoal EVAP canister is not purging.

24,195

If you are not familiar with EVAP, when you fill your gas tank there is a tube./hose that goes to an activated-charcoal filled canister, that takes the displaced air with gas fumes from tank instead of releasing in to out air we breathe. When you start the car manifold vacuum sucks the fumes that have been absorbed by the charcoal back through intake to be re-burned. Federal laws have mandated longer warranties for EVAP and other emissions systems so people wont ignore them....this problem has no symptoms unless the canister gets saturated, and even then it will run fine ..Remember the old days when gas pump nozzles did not have rubber boots and when you filled up all the air and fumes displaced by the gas just came out in your face, and it's a known carcinogen

24,195

Not a Dodge Ram obviously just typical ..click for full screen