I have engine light on after an oil change, can it be they forget to reset it?

JennuOuellette
10

Asked by Nov 22, 2012 at 02:46 PM about the Dodge Ram 1500

it's a 2012 dodge ram Hemi 1500, 2012.
This morning the engine light came on, it's been 3 weeks the oil was change. Can it be they forget to reset
it? What should I do? Can I be able to go somewhere with it... to the garage to fix it?
It's about 15 km.

DavidH25

First, drive it anywhere you so desire, That light does not mean anything serious. Go on about your business and forget about the light for now. Now, if it has been 3 weeks since the oil change, it also has nothing to do with that.

JennuOuellette
10

so you mean the light mean something else, another problem somewhere? Cause I notice since they change they oil something was different. First on the dash it said how many KM I was doing... like 21km/L so after they change the oil it was written 60 something, that was weird! When I went gas I reset it on the wheel and now it's good! What can be my problem cause it is brand new? Does I should bring it to the garage before doing anymore KM on it?

JennuOuellette
10

I'm a women so I need help. I'm scared, just want to make sure which opportunities are good for me! Thank you I appreciate

DavidH25

You need to run a fault scan. That is thing that hooks up to a port and sends out codes that can me looked up to see what the problem is. Many AutoZone, or O'Reilley's, sometimes PepBoys will do it free. Or even your local mechanic, but I see you have a 2012, ir should still be under factory warranty, at least for the drive train. If the Dealer wants to charge you to do this, complain. And complain again. Take it to the boss, not the "service manager" but HIS boss and they should do it free. And Hey there, that's a sexist remark Jenn, just because you are a woman does not mean you are stupid. Come on now, I know men that don't know how to change a flat tire, and less. Anyway, get that scan done and in the meantime drive it as much as you need to, you will do it no harm

DavidH25

PS where are you? I am not asking for your address, just State or Country, I detect an 'accent' that you may not be in USA. And the km v. mph is a mode that can be set to read either way, for speed and distance

JennuOuellette
10

Hello David, Yes I am french from canada! thats why the KM!!! not in miles!! so I appreciate a lot, and thank you for your advise, I'll go to the dealership this PM to make sure. I know when the garage see a women coming they know it either but when they see me...HA NO not her!!! cause I asking a lot of question... want to know everything!! Thanks again Wish you a great day Jenn

DavidH25

Yeah, some guys see a woman coming in and think they can take advantage of her and that is bull, no class. And ask ask ask that is the only way to learn, pester the daylights out of them if for no other reason than they tried to sell you something you don't need, thinking you are ignorant, and unfortunately it works sometimes, bit good for you for not taking their crap. If you learned English as a second language you did very well indeed.

JennuOuellette
10

Thank you! Yes english is my second language and I'm staying in an english province so I don't have choice to learn it...That's why I'm asking a lot of question... I don't want them to take advantage on me. So thank you very much and after I'm back from the garage I'll let you know what was wrong with it! too bad you're far away!! you can be my garagist! lol where you are?