I'm having a hard time getting fuel to pump into the tank, the gas nozzle keeps clicking off,...any ideas?

bmurfee
0

Asked by bmurfee Mar 30, 2014 at 10:00 PM about the Dodge Ram 50 Pickup

I just purchased a 1989 Dodge Ram (D50) pick-up and when I try to put gas in it ,I'm
having a hard time getting the fuel nozzle to deliver a consistant flow. It keeps "clicking-
off". I've tried all sorts of angles and depths to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem?

7jimmy7
10,725

yes if a vent hose is plugged, old cars had a simple small hose to the atmosphere , now they run it to that charcoal canister under hood, insects will build nests in vent tubes and hoses messing everything up, Talk about gremlins under the hood, ha!