discontinuing?

jml12345
1,115

Asked by jml12345 Jan 03, 2010 at 07:25 PM about the Dodge Dakota

i heard a rumor about the dakotas. dodge is going to stop making them soon. is this true?

Justin Doucette
1,275

From the information I've seen they don't plan on discontinuing the Dakota, just the platform. It will be built as a unibody instead of a full frame

jml12345
1,115

in other words theyer turning it into a bloated camanche? i also heard that (this may sound confusing) the dodge ram line is somewhat going to break away and become ram. kindof like gmc. you know anthing about that?

Justin Doucette
1,275

yes, Ram will become it's own division... with the truck models being 1500, 2500, 3500 etc. If you notice the recent Ram commercials they have stopped saying Dodge Ram and simply say Ram. The current Dakota will be discontinued in 2011, to be replaced with a smaller unibody pickup, probably built from one of the car platforms. The dakota sales have been terrible since the style change in 2005, as much as I hate unibody trucks this just might save the Dakota as a model. Also I believe Dodge plans to discontinue all their small cars in lieu of the fiat models to be adopted and built under the Chrysler label

Best Answer
jml12345
1,115

so my dad was almost on the money. i hope theyer not bringing back the rampage. its similar to what youre saying but it was a total flop.