what makes my transmision shift fine through first,second and third then when it shifts to overdrive it just revs up and slips

Neka Hogue
0

Asked by Neka Oct 19, 2012 at 12:33 AM about the Chevrolet Suburban

68,705

Your overdrive band (aka 4th gear) in the transmission is burnt or glazed. Time to start saving for a transmission rebuild. In replacing just this band, your best bet is to replace all the internal bands, seals, while you have it apart, hence a rebuild. I think you can lock out the OD on your vehicle in the meantime?