silverado hvac controls

jimg355
0

Asked by jimg355 Oct 08, 2008 at 07:06 PM about the Chevrolet Silverado 1500

i have a 1993 silverado and the hvac controls suddenly stopped working properly.  i can no longer get air to come out of the center vents and when i select defrost, the display flashes.  does anyone know if there is a motor that only controls the center vent door?

Tony Goldense
60

i believe the 93 silverado is vacum controled i believe there is a vacum hose in the engine compartment that dryrots and leaks stopping the control head from getting the vacum..

Rich McClure
125

is it a push button or slider knob?

Ryan Brightman
5

You have to replace the vacuum hose, as it has more than likely became brittle, and now has a leak, its a couple of bucks at the dealer, or you can do it yourself if you know where the line is.

noimaD
185

If the blower works, then check to see if the flap lever linkages under dash on drivers side have came loose .( a flashlight helps ) I fixed my father in laws 99 1500 , it would blow out just in to the dash , no defrost or floor, the air directional flap linkage had came disconected .