my 95 s-10 blazer will not shift from 1st too 2nd why automatic

dondon3819
0

Asked by dondon3819 Jul 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM about the Chevrolet S-10 Blazer

Christina Kinley
45

My 87 LeSabre is the same way..the transmission needs rebuild/replacing. Check your tranny fliud first. Go easy on your truck if you drive it. A bad or going bad tranny can cause a lot of strain on the motor. Especiallyif you let the RPM's get to high revvin the crap out of the engine to go into gear. Have it looked at by a proffesional.They uually dont charge a lot (or no charge) to check it out.

deez9
30

I own a GMC Jimmy and it's nothing but a problem. I just went to the garage with yet another problem and 5 mechanics told me that the blazer/jimmy is the worst suv that exists. It has a nickname of "the money pit." They said that they all have owned one at one time or another and had tons of problems with them and that that vehicle is the most frequented to the garage for repairs. Hoping to be free of my headache in the spring.........we could name these machines "christine" like the movie. lol Hope things get better for you soon.

deez9
30

It'a kind of a relief to be finding out that I'm not the only one with blazer problems. However, I do feel bad for anyone who does have issues with them. It's no picnic.