i have a 1991 s-10, i have replaced the fuel pump but it still wont start.

Asked by flipper1994 Jul 12, 2014 at 06:43 PM about the Chevrolet S-10

It was spitting and sputtering bad. I changed the fuesl pump and fuel filter. Still wont start. Getting fire but wont pump gas correctly

pull the plugs and check them and see if they are wet........unhook the fuel line from the engine and then unhook the line from the front of the fuel filter and blow air thru it.......sounds like trash in the line

Some times there is more than one fuel filter

with out more info it could be severl thangs need to cheak fuel pressure and see if it is hold curect fel pressure fuel regulater may be bad

Might be the fuel pump relay , the canisters the pump sits in .tbi., fuel injecters...an for the sputter....coil pack

Several things to check, You need to measure the fuel pressure during cranking. Possible faulty installation of the fuel pump, bad wire connector at the fuel sending unit or bad ground on the frame for the fuel pump.Check the MAF sensor first. Have seen this before, make sure it is not broken and if it is not, bring it to Advance Auto ( Or similar) and have them check it out. Could possibly be very dirty, like mine was.

I have same problem with my 1987 s-10 2.8 v-6 I've had it for 8 years and it has always ran real good.My truck keeps throwing a code 44 which is oxygen. Sensor, I replaced it and reset computer and it still runs like crap and after few minutes of running it throws another code 44.check your aldl which is the wiring plug in directly beneath steering wheel under dash.u will need a paper clip and ground the a terminal to b terminal.so just basically bend the clip into a horseshoe and plug it into the top right slot and very next slot to left with key off and then turn key on and watch service engine light flash it will flash a code 12 three times meaning its doing a diagnostic check and the next code or codes will be your trouble codes.you need to know how to read the codes by how many times it flashes.for example the code 12 will flash one time pause and then flash twice,that means twelve and for my code 44 it flashes 4 times pauses and flashes 4 more times.I HOPE this helps you if you have a service engine light coming on.

Anybody that can help me with my 1987 s-10 can hit me on Facebook my name is Michael Mask from Macon Georgia.I think my problem is fuel pressure regulator it still runs like crap.I've changed plugs,wires,fuel filter,vacuum lines.it keeps throwing code 44 and a little moisture is coming out of driver side tail pipe.I had duel exhaust put on a couple years ago.