my car is leaking and making a grinding noise seems to be where the cv axel goes into the transmission

ericf1
10

Asked by ericf1 Mar 30, 2014 at 09:36 PM about the Chevrolet Malibu

cv axel or tranny and do i have to drop tranny if it is that seal where the cv axel goes in

119,675

You don't have to drop the trans to replace the CV joint, also known as the axle. The boots on the joints usually rip and the grease works itself out, and dirt gets in causing a grinding noise.

ericf1
10

im a pretty sure it is the part that goes into the trans the output thing maybe i dont know what its called but somone said they think it is that i have a bad seal there and the bearings are there bearings right there that go into the trans are bad where the cv or axel goes into the trans