I am tryign to get a 2006-2008 Chevrolet Impala LT

Fawaz Dawodu
5

Asked by Fawaz Feb 11, 2010 at 08:29 AM about the Chevrolet Impala

Is this car reliable and easy to maintain?? I am more so getting like a 2007 LT. I also want to know about the Remote starter on the key fob.. Is it good to use and so forth? And also how is OnStar for the Impala... Thanks

Danny Wang
2,935

after putting about 3,000+ miles, now reads 37,994 on the odometer on my GM Certified Used 2008 Impala LT, it is still going. Looking at the Carfax on my car, they had the steering shaft replaced because of a slip stick situation. When you test drive the Impala you are interested in, make sure it operates smoothly without any noise. I know an Application engineer who has a 2007 LS as a company car has over 90,000 miles and is okay other than Tire Pressure Monitor system being too sensitivity. Mine is working okay and I guess with nitrogen filled tires could have aided the Tire Pressure System not to be too sensitive. In my experience in look at many used Impala, a lot of them are going to be former rentals, so take your time to inspect the vehicle carefully. Oil Life Monitor that I believe all Impalas have aids when you need to change the engine oil. I would say compare to say a Malibu there is more underhood space to work around. The transmission has a dipstick, so it is easy to check the level, just make sure you follow the direction in the Owner's Manual. Remote starter is a great feature when you need to get the vehicle warmed up, haven't tried it yet on a hot day, and is pretty easy to use. With the LT, I like the compass and temperature indicator on the dash. I do not have an OnStar on my car, so I cannot comment on that one. sounds like a lot, but hopefully this helps.