I was wondering if this is a good car to buy?

ikerr2009
0

Asked by ikerr2009 Nov 30, 2008 at 06:23 PM about the Chevrolet Cavalier

Chris Lee
475

only if it's a '94 or earlier... The later ones... Say what you will, I don't like them. (wreteched uncomfortable cars) and if it's specifically a '95, Don't buy it. they have an engine unique to that year and are a headache if they break

Fred McClelland
1,745

nope not at all

Eddie Vaughn
35

The Jbody is an awesome choice if you go with a newer model with a warrenty, or an older model (for ease to work on). I love the 2nd Gen (1988 - 1994) but honestly, the 2.8L and 3.1L are the best starters for a Mechanic in Training. But it's easy to access where you need to be, and budget friendly if you're able to make repairs yourself. I personally like the engine compartment of my Cavi for the ease. Beats working on a Grand Prix anyday.

Chris Lee
475

DO NOT buy a 1995 Cavalier... They have an engine with parts that are specific to that year, and only that year... My buddy blew up 3 engines becuase they kept putting '96 engines in his '95 and it didn't work with the rest of the car.

Mark Bickelman
85

post 96 the Cavialiers are throw away cars... over 100000 miles there garbage

califcarson
3,055

Better off with a bicycle. More reliable and costs less to work on, even if you get run over by a old Cavalier that just broke down.