Chevy avalanche

lcdean
0

Asked by lcdean Nov 26, 2012 at 10:31 PM about the Chevrolet Avalanche

I'm looking at getting a Chevy avalanche.  I
have read horror stories on line about the
2007 model? Anyone know anything.  What
year is best to get 07 08 or 09.

GMCustomerService
1,625

Hello Icdean, The Chevy Avalanche is a great choice for a truck. I have included a link for you to visit and learn more about Avalanche. If you plan on buying GM Certified Pre-Owned know that you will be covered by a 12 month/12,000 miles Warranty. Good luck and hope you find the Avalanche you're looking for! http://goo.gl/FUCou http://goo.gl/7C4CM Vanessa GM Customer Service

Greg Beyerlein
265

lcdean, I recently purchased a 2009 Avalanche LT1 and have not stopped smiling since the dealer gave me the key. I have previously owned pick-up trucks and SUVs, but never a full-size and I really like this purchase. My wife commented after our first 300+ mile trip, for Thanksgiving, that the ride was so smooth that she could read in the car; something she has not been able to do since we met ~19 years ago. | I cannot say as to which model year may or may not be a good year to look into. For me, I needed to stay under 30,000 miles and w/in 3 - 4 years old. The 2009 Avalanche fit those criteria, with ~25,000 miles. The truck feels solid. It's big, but probably no bigger than other full-size quad- cabs. I've already utilized the fold-down mid-gate to carry a 12' board from Home Depot. Granted, it rested on the dash a little bit, but I could fit a 12' x 12" x 2" board in my truck w/o tying it to the roof or anything. | My son, who is 7 1/2 couldn't fit in the back of the 2012 Dodge Ram Crew Cab SLT, but he fits perfectly fine in the Avalanche w/room to spare. I'm 6' / 250 and built like a linebacker / fullback and fit in the back. The Dealer looked at me like I had 3 eyes, but I said, "If I can fit back there, then my son & his friends will fit back there as they get older + my friends and colleagues will fit back there." | Gas mileage isn't bad, hovers around 15 around town. The v4 option kicks in on the highway w/cruise control on. I think we did the 120 mile stretch from Bedford to Pittsburgh, PA w/ only 6 gallons used, so averaged ~20 miles to the gallons in the mountains of Western PA. My 2003 Mitsubishi Montero Sport topped out around 19 - 21 Highway mileage, so this truck gets as good of mileage as did my v6 SUV. The Avalanche is rated at the same MPG as is the Honda Ridgeline (my #2 option, if the Avalanche wasn't a good fit). I'd have to look and see how that MPG compares to other 2008 - 2010 full-size trucks, but seemed fairly decent for the size of vehicle and power. | I live in the Northern VA area and drive 495 every day. I have NO issues getting into traffic or passing. | Not that I recommend going over the speed limit, but the ride was smooth at 75+ down I-70 in Maryland and was easily keeping up with traffic.

David Scott
335

I picked up an 03 last year with 100,000 miles and love it. No problems with it at all. One of my favorite vehicles I've ever owned.

14,865

Dodge rams are the most uncomfortable truck in the world. My parents have a 2010 equinox. I'm 6'2" and 380 and I comfortably fit in the back seat. She complained about the suspension on the way to Florida but she also had under 10,000 miles before that trip and nothing was broken in.

14,865

Not to mention the fact that the dodge is lucky if it gets anymore than 13 MPG city.