2012 CR-V Lost my car key Dealer charged 205.00 to "reprogram" and make new key.. Airport found my old key and it works fine.. Is this right?

kerakacin
0

Asked by kerakacin Apr 08, 2013 at 06:35 PM about the Honda CR-V

82,795

Yup, that's the going rate for a new key or copy. Some dealers can be a little cheaper, like $150. But your in the ballpark. Now you have that extra key the next time you lose one.

49,755

It is right. Your dealer programmed the new key, not the car. The cost sounds lower than others makes that I have heard of. http://autos.aol.com/article/smart-car-keys/

Racer_X
12,715

The price is about right for a newer vehicle (especially one with keyless entry). If you don't currently have a remote start system on the CR-V, the 3rd key could be used for that (since they normally need to install a key within the car to make it operate properly)...Just a thought, if you hadn't considered it. BTW, you're lucky the airport found the other set!