car tune up costs

George Dibert
55

Asked by George Aug 18, 2010 at 09:43 AM about the Honda Civic

So my civic is 16 years old and has two primary leaks and am looking for an estimate on how much it would cost to stop the leaking for the oil pan, and the power steering. power steering. along with that the speedometer is working only half the time so was wondering what might be wrong with that. if any one could give me a vague estimate or a right on the dot one that would be awesome.

Greg Ouellette
15

well the oil pan if you know anything about working on carsdo your self its prob. just need to take the pan off and put new seal on then put pan back on cost for seal is like 15-20....as for the ps i need to know where its leaking from....and the speedometer could be just sticking or you have a bad relay

George Dibert
55

ya I know a lil about cars basic repairs but trying to become more knowledgeable about them so I will see if one of my mechanic savvy friends can show me how to. And for the Power Steering I dont know either. The honda mechanic recently told me after my slave master was replaced. He just said it is leaking and might need to have that changed in the near future. would it be expensive or easy to check that?

papa

your oil leak is most likely a worn rear main seal,power steering,probley a bad hose.if your speed odometer is working half the time and has the digital mph,your cluster may be going,if not digital mph,your speedo cable is bad. it would cost more to fix it than it is worth,sorry.

George Dibert
55

ya I am planning on upgrading in the next few months. suprisingly where I live my car can sell for 2800-3000 which is alot more than what I paid. Im thinking about getting a mazda 6 or a mazda miata.