Honda Civic Tires

Brett Sanders
5

Asked by Brett Nov 08, 2009 at 12:36 PM about the Honda Civic

2006 Honda civics eating up tires? Go get new rear upper control arms! I just did and a brand new set of Cooper CS4 tires. The car feels way different! I feel like I am driving a much quiter and more expensive almost lexus like car now!

Joseph Anthony Gahol
1,065

what's your camber angle?positive camber has longer tire life but bad handling...the negative camber setting gives you more traction but shorter tire life...the best thing to do is keep the camber angle in 0 degrees...damping force of the shock should be set at -10 for a more stable ride...too much damper makes your car shake up and down even on flat surfaces...

Joseph Anthony Gahol
1,065

i have Bridgestone Potenza ties with offsets at 30...15-inch stock rims and suspension drop by also an inch...lowering springs and rear braces...pretty stable on the road...

Brett Sanders
5

My car is stable for sure but it needed new rear upper control arms, there was a TSB issued on this a while back. Stock ride height. The tires were at a very negative camber with high tire wear. Anyone who is running everything stock but wonders why thier tires are wearing so much and the car wobbles when coming up to stop should have it looked at by a dealer.

Joseph Anthony Gahol
1,065

is it the front end or the rear? subframe braces should come in handy...regular tie rotation, wheel alignment and regular brake and suspensions check is a must...wht year did you purchase your old tires before you got new ones?

Joseph Anthony Gahol
1,065

i have regular check ups at the nearest Goodyear Servitek shops...we have them here in Asia, specifically in the Philippines...in your case,have it checked at the nearest Honda dealer...usually they have made-to-order parts ready for purchase and installation service...it should'nt take too long and it should'nt be hard to install...

Joseph Anthony Gahol
1,065

here's a tip on better cornering...only if you want to...try buying those wider-angle tires, the one that sticks out the fenders both front and rear...then drop your ride height by an inch but have lowering springs installed...these are great for front wheel drive cars coz it offers full tire traction during high speed sharp turns...like the ones on touring cars, do you notice they always have extended fenders made just to have the illusion that the wide angle tires dont stick out...and its neccessary coz the tires will not hit the fender during sharp turns...