Honda 08 windows automatic open without me touching key remote

freeholdlady
0

Asked by freeholdlady Mar 01, 2012 at 06:55 PM about the Honda Accord

My windows and moon roof automatic open without me touching my key remote.......then my car will not start.....I replaced my battery and still happens, plus while driving my locks on my car automactilly lock and un lock.....I replaced my battery today bc  my car is and 08 now it is 2012.....Please help before i bring it to dealer....

Colin Salazar
285

Honda (along with other car makers) have a security feature on new cars. This feature is the automatic door lock/unlock. This can be disengaged by yourself in about 15 seconds. Check your owners manual, it's in there. I own 2007 Si and found it to be more of a piss off than anything else. As for your windows, can't be sure on that... could be a stuck button on your key fob. Or it has a proximity feature that senses when you're approaching the car and the windows open to air out the cabin (in hot weather only). Check the manual for that too.

ETHANALLEN1
40

My 2013 Accord EX had all windows down and the sunroof open, 3 times. I assumed it was my mistake the first 2 times via the key fob. But the third time the key fob was on the dresser untouched for 28 hours. Somehow the car is opening up on it's own. Thunderstorm the first 2 times. Very cold 10 degrees F the last time. The inside was drenched the first time. Open windows and open sunroof can, and does, happen without input from the key fob. Everything else works fine.