Transmission Problems

Andy Ryder
25

Asked by Andy Sep 28, 2010 at 08:47 AM about the Honda Accord

I have a problem where , when I'm sitting at a red light and the whole car will literally shake is this what I thin it is ( the Trans ) or is that normal this is my first foreign car.

Dylan McCrea
335

sounds like your torque converter.

Adam Slaughter
405

what year accord

niblack
5

+........++ + i believe that your actual problem with your car may be that you may need to have {new motor/transmission mounts} installed, replace old ones! they are not expensive. You should have your repair auto shop replace and install new ones! "Don't get rid of your car", save it if you can, you'll be happy once again!!!

niblack
5

Hello, try replacing your {motor and transmission mounts}, that should stop the shaking! " Don't get rid of your honda, try to save it"! Be happy again!!! My engine also shakes, i just haven't replaced my {motor/transmission mounts} yet! So try that before you give up your car. I hope this helps you!!

John Porter
95

ok depends on how violent it shakes if its just because the engine is rolling over or if its a real problem. i am thinking that my own for example has a little bit of roll in it

papa

sounds like a bad motor mount or trans mount,if it shifts ok going down the road the tranny is fine,plus you need to check for a vacume leak,this will cause a rough idle .

Samuel Nadeau
175

sounds like bad mounts. Tq.converter won't do that. If its bad your trans would act up when shifting