My spark plug boot pops up on one part but idk y?

Matthew Hedio
5

Asked by Matthew Jan 26, 2010 at 06:31 PM about the Honda Accord

I recently got my car detailed about two weeks ago, full thing engine included. the  whole thing started there, my mechanic thinks there is oil built up under the plate above the engine what i need to know is if thats all it is, is there a way for me to check it out alone then bring it to him? i live with my parents but they use their cars everyday an i need mine too? anyone got any ideas?

Wally Gertz
95

How about you start with the year, make and model of your car...

jml12345
1,255

check your plugwires. i never heard of a plate above the engine. to me thats the hood unless if hes talking about the valve cover.what your mechanic said sounds really goofy.

Kevin Reichert
155

If you mean that your spark plug boot pops off the spark plug, it could just be that air is getting trapped in the boot and not letting it seat all the way on the plug. Next time it happens put a small straw in the boot when you put it on to let the air escape, pull the staw out when the boot seats all the way.

William Culley
5

One some double over head cam engines there is a plate that seats in the vally between the 2 camshafts on the top of the rocker cover and hides the leads and spark plugs oil can build up in this vally and down into the sparkplug recesses when it is spilt when the engine is being topped up since the fillercap is on top of the cover

jml12345
1,255

now why would they do that? it really sounds idiotic.