Forced Induction

Chris Martorella
95

Asked by Chris Sep 23, 2008 at 08:28 PM about the Honda Accord

I have Honda accord EX with an F22B1 engine with cold air, and a cat-delete. I want to go the route of turbocharging. I know for high boost applications all forged internals are a must. I only plan to run about 12 pounds. I have looked into the H22 swap and have decided that is not as productive. What I want to know is are the ebay kits any good such as the JDM kits? Has anyone used or heard anything about them? What kind of exhaust should be used?

These are the only kits I can find in my price range.

Justin Joyner
40

i 've never bought a turbo off of ebay, but i do know people who have, its a BAD idea, ebay performance parts are crap. read honda tuner, or better yet, write to them, they are very helpful. All they do is Honda so they are your best source for info. I hope that helps a little.

Neil Haupt
235

Agreed. Ebay isn't a good source for car performance parts. The stuff's cheap for a reason. I know it's not a performance part, but I purchased a cheaper BMW hood emblem thinking I was getting a deal and BAM...it was a cheap, identical, plastic Chinese knock-off. It's just really tricky. If you know and trust a seller that you have bought through before, though, it might be a good idea to see what they have to offer.