why wont my 4 cylinder rodeo eccelerate?

nater
5

Asked by nater Dec 18, 2011 at 10:35 AM about the Isuzu Rodeo

My 95 rodeo. Is hard to start once it does finally start you have to be VERY easy with the gas pedal and I mean easy. If u press it more than like a quarter inck it will die you have to accelerate very slow and pick up speed as soon as u step on the gas it wants to die please help thanks

Phaser4hire
25

Could be your cat is stopped up....

nater
5

Ya I was kinda thinkin something like that I have a few exhaust leaks couple feet below header rite before the cat was thinkin that the exhaust leak and maybe the o2 has a something to do with?? What you think?

Phaser4hire
25

Yeah it sounds like you need to do some exhaust work

Best Answer
nater
5

I sure hope that's what it is, I'm pulling my hair out trying to get thing to run a little better! I never knew exhaust leaks could make a car run like that that's why at first I didn't even think It had nothing to do with the exhaust but I have a buddy that told me that the leaks could do that and then u said it could be the cat so I think that's my next task and I hope it works! Thanks