water leaking inside car rt front and rt rear on floor board

8464
0

Asked by 8464 Apr 07, 2010 at 02:05 PM about the Lincoln Town Car

found water on floor board rt front and rt rear after it rained

Jason Labtec
270

I know this problem.. It is a water leak on the right side of your cars windshield area that leads to your heater vent. I had the exact same thing. Once you have a mechanic or yourself seal the plastic rain guard (cowl) you will need to dry out the water soak carpet in your car. It is prob much worse then you know because the carpet is thick. I removed both front seats.. very easy and unplugged the electronic seats and then removed the middle console just as easy.. Pulled out the floor carpet and it was soaked underneath like a sponge... I am going to have the carpet cleaned before going back in. good luck..

You think this is helpful.
jeberle
190

sounds exactly like the problem I've been having - mechanic just discovered the bottom windshield seal was leaking allowing water to pour into the car under the dash on passenger side, soaking the carpet front and back - literally puddling on the back floorboard. Now that the seal has been replaced, water is still surfacing - unbelievabe amount of water. I've driven lincolns for the last 30 years and never have I had this problem. Seems to be common in th 2000 models.

Leadfoot Wilson
245

I HAVE THE SAME PROB IN THE FRONT PASS SIDE !!!!!

Lori Carpenter
230

I have the same prob with my 1995 lincoln mark viii. i don't know where to get this fixed....was told to go to a body shop. too expensive! Help!

Jeff Leeper

remove the cowl vent (plastic piece between windshield and hood) and clean out all the pollen, leaves, dirt and debris. there are drain holes that will cause water to spill into the car if they get plugged

Lori Carpenter
230

Thanks, I will take a look at it...lots of pine needles from the storms... Should I wipe it out/vaccum it/or use water once i open it? Thank you so much for the help!

Jeff Leeper

If you have a shop vac it would be good, otherwise some gloves and a garden hose. you want to make sure you blast anything in the drain holes out.

Jack Potts
160

I recently bought a 2006 lincon towncar . Had this same issue with lots of water in the front and back passenger floors i hope the it is the holes. Thanks for your help everyone!!

You think this is helpful.
mjgalantesr
40

could also gasket on cowl is gone remove cowl scrape old gasket out replace with silicone put back together hardest part is drying the carpet good luck