How important is it to find a true Volvo mechanic when doing routine maint. ?

libbycat
65

Asked by libbycat Dec 15, 2011 at 02:15 AM about the Volvo XC90

I want my 2008 XC90 to last forever,  how important is it to find someone who is a "Volvo" mechanic for routine maintenance?  The nearest dealership is about 120 miles away and other than big stuff, I was hoping that I can get most things taken care of without making the trip out of town.  

Andrew Fabula
245

Unless you're dealing with something big like the timing belt, transmission, etc... It doesn't hurt to take it to your favorite reputable mechanic. Sometimes the stealership will recommend services you don't necessarily need. I take my S60 to several different places for oil changes and simple procedures.

Best Answer
libbycat
65

Thanks for answering, will definitely be on the lookout for a reputable mechanic, hate the idea of going to dealership (stealership) if I can avoid it.