Bulb failure position light

jdh774
0

Asked by jdh774 Jul 28, 2010 at 12:40 PM about the Volvo S60

The following message came up in the message center: "Bulb failure position light"
I can not find any information about this bulb or what the  "position light" refers to.
Any ideas?

Christopher Paden
1,995

A position light is one of your parking lights. If you cannot find a blown bulb, this means that one of them has a bad connection, or that it is ready to blow. Turn on your parking lights and hazards. Inspect your lights. -Chris-

EarLob
325

any idea how to access the front position lights? i can see one of the position/running lights is blown, but i can not see away to remove the assembly and i don't want to snafu the thing. it's the most inside light of the 3 on the passengers side.

lbliss
85

Check (on passenger side) front of door. Due to their perceived less importance compared to say the brake and turn signal lamps, these "side marker" lights are much easier to pass over during inspection. Hint: pick nighttime to conduct your inspection starting with the (hopefully) working driver's side so you have a reference.

Andrew Fabula
245

When my position light was out it was a taillight. there are 4 bulbs in the back that are generally lit when the car is running. let the car run and look at them. you can access them thru the panel in the trunk.

Christopher Paden
1,995

Page 151 on this manual. http://new.volvocars.com/ownersdocs/2005/2005_s60/05s60_11b.htm

drelli
10

Thanks, Christopher. This narrowed it down for me and was very helpful!

tommcmanis
2,805

Silvered bulbs are a burnout dead give away,white or smoky inside a toast too.

tommcmanis
2,805

Are toast,stupid auto correct

gash
55

Volvo s60 front side lights not working. Any ideas

Dan Griffin
0

You can try moving the small wire looms under truck floor that run from the right to the left side!! I found doing this stopped a "Fuel Door Open" message as well as the position bulb failure messages. My particular car has a "rebuilt Titile, and not sure where the damage was.