How to turn service lights on dashboard off -- ABS, Service, and Trac Off Lights

Holli2020
0

Asked by Holli2020 Jul 17, 2010 at 10:31 PM about the Pontiac Sunfire

ABS, Service, and Trac Off Lights -- all three come on, what does this mean?  Reading the manual, no true problems are identified.  Anyone ever experience this?  Is there a way to turn them off?

45,785

When that happens on a 99-05 Grand Am, it means that a wheel speed sensor is bad. Usually it's a front wheel and it's part of the wheel bearing assembly. $250-$400 repair unless you do it yourself.

Holli2020
0

Thanks tenspeed, I appreciate the info!

Eric Anthony
70

ABS and Trac Control work together on 1 computer. The Service light usually means oil change. Service light...turn key in "On" position(not running) hit the gas pedal 3 times then press and hold the brake. ABS/Trac control...isnt an inspection item but you may want to take it to a shop and have them scan it. Reset the "Service" light before goin to shop so they don't have to run 2 scans...cause of the 2 different computers