where is the fuse for my cigarette lighter? It has blown..

megtravc
35

Asked by May 26, 2008 at 03:08 PM about the Pontiac G6

my cigarette lighter has blown.  everything else is working just fine.  i was told the fuse is labeled "accessories".  I am unable to find that.

thanks

35,255

Probably not a fuse, but a fusible link located in the wiring behind the lighter socket.

Andy Huhn
470

its in the rear fuse block labled cig/aux and is 20 amps

Matt Courneya
45

underhood or fuse pannel drivers side or passanger side

Kevin Whitehouse
215

if u pop your hood and go under your fuseis take the pannel off. and it shoud tell you witch oen does witch. then buy what u need and sitck it in thereee

zarni
170

Andy418 is right just not full of ib=nfo. It's the rear fuse block (inside trunk) this car has 3 blocks.. sheeeesh

gmard1
450

I just fixed mine. The fuse(a 20 amp Yellow) is located in the trunk. I guess one of my inexpensive cell phone chargers blew it out. I hope this helps anyone who has the same problem

A Facebook user
95

at least yours came with one , mine didn't !!

BenfG6
25

I have the same problem, I replaced the fuse(located in trunk) but as soon as I pressed the lighter in to see if it works, the fuse popped again. I'm thinking there's a short somewhere...good luck finding it.

Jason Cook
105

As previously stated, there are three fuse Blocks. The one under the hood controls most of the engine computer electronics. There is also one in the front passenger side of the console, and a removable panel on the drivers side in the trunk. I myself have leds added in my vents, cup holder, and in the console powered off of the cig fuse. If it is continuing to short out, check it with something else. Most likely it is what you are plugging in. I had that problem with my cig lighter before.

77,475

You have the wrong sized lighter. The Pontiac uses a short lighter. If you try a longer lighter it shorts out when you push it in. Check out the Grand Am Owners Club - lots of good info.

Eddie Keator
135

YOU WERE BANG ON.... Thank you so much!

Eddie Keator
135

I guess you didn't know - but thanks anyways. Three fuse blocks in the car. For the Cig/Aux - it's the block in the truck (drivers side). It's a 20 amp fuse.

pjc6790
10

thanks all i was able to find mine immediately and now i just have to get one to replace it with cause as others have stated my car came with no spare fuses

kadashus
0

Where is this fuse for the obd or ciggerette ligther for a 96 fire bird

Lulu Jobson
0

well I took my vib to GM for a recall (window switch) and my lighter fuse to change, I went to pick up the car and was told it wouldn't start, after the weekend with no car they called and said a fuse under the hood had burnt now I ask u if they are a M dealer why didn't they know that> I was left at their garage on a Friday, with no loner, I live an hour away and had no car all weekend plus had to bum a ride to work Monday, let me say their service sucks and when I do pick up my car I'm gonna tell them they'll never see me there again

El Tyshaun
40

My fuse keeps burning out as soon as I replace it in my 2006 Pontiac G6, I went through 4 of them back to back.......anyone else having the same problem and if so how to fix it?

Nickskeys
10

The wiring on my 1999 Grand Am SE for the cigarette lighter has three prongs in the plastic housing, 2 silver, and 1 copper. The copper prong had nothing on it. I am assuming that this is the ground. The two wires to the silver prongs are still attached. Is there a separate wire for the ground? I can't locate it anywhere under the dash. Any ideas?

Lillian Laribee
0

we have a 2007 g6 and our cigarette lighters don't work. fuse pops as soon as you put it in. the garage told us it's an internal thing (

Matthew Mezzell
0

Any body know were the cigarette lighter fuse is for a 2008 gmc 2500hd single cab gas?