has anyone had a problem with brake rotor noise on their 2009 xB's and if so how did you fix problem already replaced twice

jerdil
0

Asked by jerdil Dec 02, 2011 at 12:35 PM about the Scion xB

brake noise on scion xB. goes away sometimes but always returns, speed sometimes speed effects or reduces noise.brakes are good.no signs of anything contacting rotors,applying brakes does effect noise

NatalieSydoriak N JasonHumphrey
55

i had a 08 scion tc and did same thing. it ended up being a small clip (bout 2in big) that was causing mine. thank god 4 warranty the thing is lik 200 to replace on my car.

Johnny Braswell
15

^same thing on the xB's. i fixed mine last month.

CJ Michaels
605

same on my 08 xD like a crazy washy gurgling sound

njmonroe
5

just had the same thing happen to my 08 xb. Has 50,000 miles and was told by mechanic that not setting the parking brake when parked is causing the brakes to stay too heated against the rotors. The parking brake releases the front brakes from being engaged against the rotors. Told this is common in Toyota/Scion vehicles. Was I told a bunch of hogwash??

CJ Michaels
605

i got a recall letter on some part of the brake system, it said that the brakes would freeze easily or something and sometimes cause failure, so i took it in and they replaced SOMETHING....idk what, but i havent had the problem since, check on a recall

njmonroe
5

I will do that. Thanks