leg room etc.

BigJon
0

Asked by BigJon Jan 11, 2009 at 08:32 PM about the Scion xB

I am obese and need lots of room between the driver's seat and the steering wheel.

I also need headroom to allow me to get into the car; while I'm only 5' 10", my waistline won't flex like it used to, so I can't bend much to get into the car.  

My mother's Plymouth Acclaim has become impossible for me to drive (well, I have become too damn big to get in the car anymore) and I was hoping that the Scion xB might accomodate me more comfortably.  

If not, does anyone have some idea what I could buy with more room?

David Bennett
75

You should be OK, but I would strongly suggest going and sitting in and possibly driving one just to make sure. Also, (no offense intended) the max payload, people and cargo, in only 926lbs. (for 04-07 xB)

David Bitonti
45

I have an '05 xB and I bought it when I was 400lbs plus. There is no problem with driving it if you are big. Head room is awesome also. The new xB is a big tighter though. The older "Boxes" have a lot more room.