Is the turbo convertable awd a good car to own use. Looking to buy one 2006 or newer what's the best years an is the maintenance bad on these cars also do the come with the hard top an cost.

Joe1Kayla
0

Asked by Joe1Kayla Mar 22, 2013 at 07:59 AM about the Porsche 911

judge_roy

Buy a MINI. every bit as exciting without the rear engine headaches. Cavernous interior, seat will adjust to accomodate a 6'ft 5" inch person....test drive one...you'll never want to drive another vehicle ever again!

Mark Stiles
75

A 2006 will be a 997 Turbo. Personally, I'd go for the earlier 996 Turbo, a better looking car in my view - plus it came with a hardtop as standard whereas you will probably have to buy one for a 997. All Porsches have fair servicing costs and can cost a lot if something goes wrong. But they are generally reliable. My advice is buy the earlier 996 and keep some money to one side just in case.

judge_roy

Unless you love jetronic are able to understand each of the 26 parts and the way they work with one another you're gonna want to go with a car that's after 1988, when they finally mastered solid state fuel injection vis-a-vis a pressurized fuel rail, and pulses to the injectors meeter the gasoline...never could take it to this level of technology not ten years ago...

Mark Stiles
75

If you want an awd 911 plus turbo, the 996 and 997 are the best choices - as the judge said, they both have modern electronics...

Mark Stiles
75

I live in the UK, there are loads of minis (I've driven several) - they don't compare to a 911 I'm afraid

judge_roy

aaaw. out of my socio-economic abilities...at least dealerships are pushin' mini's and encourage you to test drive one- the US if full of these 4000 lb Dominator style 4wd SUV;s with a young girl at the wheel texting, slurpin' a big gulp, and smoking a cigarette while navigating these death machines...quite the scourge and my hat is off to anyone willing to put their thinking cap back on and realize we're just tryin' to shuffle it across town, we're not pulling a trailer, we're not hauling a troop of four construction workers and a load of 4x10 plywood around everyday....these people are quite out of their mind and we've got to make them understand to NOT run over bicyclists, NOT run over kitties (my own for example) and pay attention to what they are doing.

judge_roy

we are all stuck in the same traffic. buggy can keep punchin' along, it doesn't matter what, a horse could do it too, (if they'd let us)....point is much ado about nothing...just tryin' to make it across town without some speed demon insane lunatic trying to make me have a bad day. ridin' your tail, then comin' to a screeching halt with fervor and passion!