1999 Subaru Outback Park lights will not shut off.

jkinney123
20

Asked by jkinney123 Feb 10, 2013 at 07:18 PM about the Subaru Outback

My 1998 Subaru Outback park lamps will not shut off. Never had a problem, came home turned the car
off and park lamps will not shut off. I have to disconnect the battery. Does anybody have a cure or ever
had this problem. Thanks.. John

7jimmy7
9,395

subaru,,made in japan maby a relay pull till lioghts off and bench test that relay

Michael Tutty
4,065

check your headlamp switch, and make sure it is in the "OFF" or "ON" position. Either should turn off everything. The middle of the 3 positions is for parking/tail lamps only, and is not ALLOWED to turn off the parking lights. If that is not the problem, then it sounds like a sticky relay, wherever Subaru has hidden that. Often, it is in the headlamp switch itself, and the only way to replace it is with a new headlamp switch.

John Haggerty
60

Most Subarus have a separate parling light switch on top of the steering column. If you accidentally tapped that then the parking lights will remain on. Happened on my daughters car and I wasted a couple hours trying to troubleshoot until I found that switch.

Best Answer
jkinney123
20

OK so I am new to Subaru and YES it was the separate switch on top of the steering column and no I am not BLONDE. Thank you John...