How do you blead all the air from cooling system after replacing radiator in 1979 outback.??.

binger42
0

Asked by binger42 Mar 16, 2011 at 10:31 AM about the Subaru Outback

I replaced radiator and am unable to completly remove all the air. any advice on how to do it would be apprieciated .I have filled the radiator up and topped up the expantion bottle to the line driven the car and got it up to normal running temp. then pulled over and found the expantion tank full and the radiator requiring to be topped up. as this is urgent as i use the car for work my mob. 0422458920

Haralds Gr
75

Open the coolant reservoir cap in a counterclockwise direction once the engine has cooled down completely. Fill the reservoir with a 50-50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water to the full mark. Leave the cap off. Start the engine and turn the heater on. Turn the heater temperature control to its maximum setting. Let the engine run until it has reached its normal operating temperature. This will take several minutes if the engine is cold. Shut the engine off and let it cool down completely. Check the coolant reservoir level. Add a 50-50 mix of antifreeze and distilled water to bring it to the full mark if it is low. Start the engine and let it warm up again to normal operating temperature. Shut the engine off and let it cool down. Check the coolant reservoir level and refill if necessary. You may have to go through the warm-up and cool-down procedure up to three times to get all of the air out of the system. Atleast this worked for me good.