91_Thunderbird can anyone help me fix my signal lights

91_Thunderbird
0

Asked by 91_Thunderbird Mar 03, 2013 at 02:26 AM about the Ford Thunderbird

I have a 91 Thunderbird and my turn
signal don't work  or my brake lights I
checked the fuses already and there
good can anyone tell me what i  could  
do to fix it

13,235

When you switch on the headlights do you have tail lights?

91_Thunderbird
0

Ya but when I brake they don't light up

13,235

My best guess would be the turn signal switch. Especially if your third brake light is still working. Power from the brake light switch flows through the turn signal switch to the brake light bulbs. This way the brake lights will come on and they will flash when signaling a turn. Put your 4 way flashers on. Do the rear lights come on then? HTH. -Jim

thunder91bird
10

Ya but just when I turn on my head lights

thunder91bird
10

Only my the light from the spoiler turns on

13,235

Here comes a dumb question & I'm only asking because you didn't mention this in your original post. Did you check or replace the light bulbs? -Jim

thunder91bird
10

I did and dare good....

13,235

OK cool. You'll need to get a wiring diagram to see what (color) wires are involved at the turn signal switch. Then check those wires for power when you step on the brake pedal. You may need a helper. You'll probably have power going to the switch but none coming out to feed the rear stop/turn bulbs. HTH. Keep us posted. Good luck! -Jim

Michael Tutty
4,075

Sounds like you may have a bad ground, and that is why the 4 ways work when your headlamps are on. Start where the harness grounds to the body and work backwards, running the wire, checking for chaffed or broken areas.